Edexcel A2 Government & Politics route B: Political ideologies
|Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won!||23-09-2016|
Offline0ReputationRep:(Original post by rainbowworld)
ANARCHISM QUESTIONS – Old A2
1. Outline how the anarchist view of the state differs from the Marxist view. (Jun 02)
2. Explain the link between anarchism and collectivism. (June 03)
3. Why do anarchists object to constitutionalism and consent? (June 04)
4. Why have anarchists believed that the state is unnecessary? (June 05)
5. Explain the link between anarchism and utopianism. (June 06)
6. Why have anarchists viewed the state as evil and oppressive? (June 07)
7. How do the anarchist and Marxist views of the state differ? (June 08)
8. How has anarchism been linked to ‘free market’ capitalism? (June 09)
1. Is anarchism an example of individualism or collectivism? (Jun 02)
2. To what extent is anarchism a utopian creed? (June 03)
3. To what extent do anarchists agree about the nature of the future stateless society?
4. Is anarchism closer to socialism or liberalism? (June 05)
5. Is anarchism merely an extreme form of free-market liberalism? (June 06)
6. Is anarchism closer to individualism than collectivism? (June 08)
7. Why, and to what extent, has anarchism been associated with utopianism? (June 09)
ANARCHISM QUESTIONS – OLD ‘A’ LEVEL
1. (a) Define utopianism
(b) Why is anarchism considered to be utopian? (Jun 01)
2. Outline differences between the anarchist and conservative views of human nature.
3. How do conservative and anarchist views of human nature differ? (Jan 99)
4. (a) Why do anarchists reject the state?
(b) What kind of state have Marxists been prepared to endorse? (Jun 98)
5. (a) Why do conservatives value authority?
(b) Why do anarchists reject authority? (Jan 98)
6. (a) Define utopianism
(b) Why is anarchism often described as utopian? (Jun 97)
1. ‘Anarchism has offered many visions of the future stateless society.’ Discuss
2. To what extent is anarchism a utopian political creed? (Jun 00)
3. (a) Why do anarchists oppose all forms of political authority?
(b) Explain and critically assess their belief that a stateless society would be peaceful
and orderly. (Jan 00)
4. ‘Anarchism is strong on moral principles but weak on political analysis.’ Discuss
5. Is anarchism merely collectivism taken to its logical extreme? (Jan 99)
6. Do anarchists demand the impossible? (Jun 98)
7. ‘Anarchism is merely nineteenth-century liberalism taken to its extreme.’ Discuss
8. Is anarchism an example of collectivism or individualism? (Jun 97)
do you have the mark schemes for this if so can you post them please
Edexcel have taken out all the past papers were before 2008!.Anyone know where i can get past papers and mark schemes from the old syllabus?
I was just wondering whether anyone knew what questions came up in June 2010 for Unit 3 on Political Ideologies?
Does anyone have any mark schemes for this paper?? I only have the jun 2008 one D:
does anybody have the question paper for Jan 2011?
(Original post by -JJS-)
Ive done all conservative, Liberalism and anarchism questions so if anyone wants any help i can offer it
Also willing to exchange typed up essays on all ideologies etc
I gt 200/200 last year lol, but this year is more theoretical and i find abit harder
(Original post by ecoooonomics)
also if you want to swap essays then pm me
i have essays with the following titles that have been marked at A/A* grades:
How does Ecologism differ from other political ideologies
Is nationalism reactionary or progressive?
To what extent is there tension between multiculturalism and liberalism
To what extent have feminists achieved their aims since the beginning of the 20th Century
Thank you sooo , sooo much.
Can someone please help me with this question, I'm not sure what to put...
'Ecologism implies a radically different relationship between humankind and the natural world.’ Discuss.'
You dont happen to still have these essay notes etc. With you... Do you?
If you do,could you perhaps PM me them please?
This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my ST18i
I was thinking of just revising 3 out of 4 topics for each unit
Probably won't do socialism as its quite long... and for unit 4 probably won't do the longest one in the textbook...
how risky is this? were other people fine in the exam just doing 3?
Sooooooo not ready for the exam tomorrow :'(
Hellllloooooooo, has anyone got a list of past questions?
Do you still have your notes. I Have some essays to complete. I'd really appreciate the help.
RegisterThanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post Already a member? Sign in
Oops, something wasn't right
please check the following: