(Original post by rainbowworld)
ANARCHISM QUESTIONS – Old A2
1. Outline how the anarchist view of the state differs from the Marxist view. (Jun 02)
2. Explain the link between anarchism and collectivism. (June 03)
3. Why do anarchists object to constitutionalism and consent? (June 04)
4. Why have anarchists believed that the state is unnecessary? (June 05)
5. Explain the link between anarchism and utopianism. (June 06)
6. Why have anarchists viewed the state as evil and oppressive? (June 07)
7. How do the anarchist and Marxist views of the state differ? (June 08)
8. How has anarchism been linked to ‘free market’ capitalism? (June 09)
1. Is anarchism an example of individualism or collectivism? (Jun 02)
2. To what extent is anarchism a utopian creed? (June 03)
3. To what extent do anarchists agree about the nature of the future stateless society?
4. Is anarchism closer to socialism or liberalism? (June 05)
5. Is anarchism merely an extreme form of free-market liberalism? (June 06)
6. Is anarchism closer to individualism than collectivism? (June 08)
7. Why, and to what extent, has anarchism been associated with utopianism? (June 09)
ANARCHISM QUESTIONS – OLD ‘A’ LEVEL
1. (a) Define utopianism
(b) Why is anarchism considered to be utopian? (Jun 01)
2. Outline differences between the anarchist and conservative views of human nature.
3. How do conservative and anarchist views of human nature differ? (Jan 99)
4. (a) Why do anarchists reject the state?
(b) What kind of state have Marxists been prepared to endorse? (Jun 98)
5. (a) Why do conservatives value authority?
(b) Why do anarchists reject authority? (Jan 98)
6. (a) Define utopianism
(b) Why is anarchism often described as utopian? (Jun 97)
1. ‘Anarchism has offered many visions of the future stateless society.’ Discuss
2. To what extent is anarchism a utopian political creed? (Jun 00)
3. (a) Why do anarchists oppose all forms of political authority?
(b) Explain and critically assess their belief that a stateless society would be peaceful
and orderly. (Jan 00)
4. ‘Anarchism is strong on moral principles but weak on political analysis.’ Discuss
5. Is anarchism merely collectivism taken to its logical extreme? (Jan 99)
6. Do anarchists demand the impossible? (Jun 98)
7. ‘Anarchism is merely nineteenth-century liberalism taken to its extreme.’ Discuss
8. Is anarchism an example of collectivism or individualism? (Jun 97)