The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University- Nursing Accommodation!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi I'm the same really wanted to live right in the centre near all the night life so not really sure what to do.. My placements r in bourn... Think maybe I'll apply for abbottsbury then one of the central ones as my second choice... Can't wait for freshers I'm sure everyone will wana go out all week anyway even if in abbottsbury
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 21
Hiya Vicky :smile:
My placements are also in bournemouth, are you doing Adult Nursing? I applied to abbotsbury in the end, have you applied yet?
Reply 22
Yeh adult nursing and yep I applied yesterday for abbortsbury so jus waiting to hear back :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I recieved an email form Bournemouth....I've been placed in Salisbury!
Has anyone else been placed there? Ive heard that Salisbury is a really nice town with its own night life...but im really disappointed im not going to be near the uni night life to meet more people :frown:
Hopefully it will all work out in the end.
It would be nice to know someone else based to Salisbury :smile:
x
Reply 24
Hey guys is there anyone else with a Poole placement? I've been given Corfe house wondered who else will be there?

Reply 25
Original post by pmblacker
Hey guys is there anyone else with a Poole placement? I've been given Corfe house wondered who else will be there?

I have been given Poole placement also! Not sure wether I'm going to live in Corfe house or live in shared accomadation x

Anyone have any idea why Abbotsbury House has a contract of 50 weeks when the Nursing course is 45 weeks? I can't afford that accommodation so I might just apply for a 42 week accommodation in Purbeck or something and commute from family in Ringwood for the last 3 weeks.
Reply 27
Original post by Coco189
I have been given Poole placement also! Not sure wether I'm going to live in Corfe house or live in shared accomadation x

I wasn't sure either, but thought that Corfe would be more "uni experience" If you know what I mean? Not cheap though!!

Reply 28
Original post by Coco189

I've also been given a poole placement, and i have already got my offer for Corfe House - i spoke to some people and apparently its a nightmare to get to poole from bournemouth for an early start on placement and its best to be a little late for lectures than for placement so i decided to go for corfe!
Reply 29
Original post by ibarnett1
I've also been given a poole placement, and i have already got my offer for Corfe House - i spoke to some people and apparently its a nightmare to get to poole from bournemouth for an early start on placement and its best to be a little late for lectures than for placement so i decided to go for corfe!

I do want to go to Corfe house but it's just so expensive! Probably will end up applying though! X

I got into abbotsbury house today woooo :smile: so excited, who else is staying there?xx
Reply 31
Eeeek me too! What course are you doing?
Natalie:smile: x
Reply 32
Me too whooooop 😃

Hey people. My placement is also in Poole shame not to be living in Bmouth but Poole is sooooooooo nice :biggrin: Cant wait moving into Corfe House flat 504 on the 15th September!! See u guys there! xx
im studying adult nursing :smile: xx
what is everyone else doing?xx
Reply 36
Adult nursing! Not long now!!!!

Hi everyone my placement locality is in Bournemouth ..Im staying in Abbotsburry house got my place a week ago! moving down on the 16th i rekon is that what date everyone else is headin down? excited!xx
Original post by sarahbennett92
Hi everyone my placement locality is in Bournemouth ..Im staying in Abbotsburry house got my place a week ago! moving down on the 16th i rekon is that what date everyone else is headin down? excited!xx

Yeah same here about the 15th/16th :smile: soooo excited xx
Reply 39
Hey everyone!

I'm doing Mental Health nursing and have an offer to live in Abbostbury too!
We all seem to be in the same boat, as first of all I was disappointed cos I wanted to be in Bournemouth centre more too but it'll be fun in our place, and with the night bus, running right up until nearly half 4 taking only about 10mins apparently, we can still get well involved! Bring on Freshers! =D

Lauren x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending