GCSE AQA Unit 1- Biology 9th June 2010

Scroll to see replies

i said adult stem cell
remove nucleus
add nucleus from frozen
fuse together
place egg in a surrogate mother
clone will be born

can u say to clone relatives may cause health problems for the cloned individual
Reply 21
that question about cloning a dead relative is quite creepy in a way...
what did everyone put? X
Reply 22
Really difficult !
We hadnt been taught half of it :mad:
Reply 23
GIR
OP
niccerss13
that question about cloning a dead relative is quite creepy in a way...
what did everyone put? X

I put that there could be some religious and ethical objections to it- that people might not find it right to disturb them.
the difference is because

women at 40-60 go through menopause which is where they get more HDL in their body which reduces fat in the blood which causes less heart disease.

men naturally have a higher LDL in their bodies so they are more at risk of heart disease and more men are affected
What did you guys put for the last question and the influenza one and the first question?
Reply 26
i found it a lot more difficult than the past papers, and i did them all!
hopefull the grade boundaries will be as low as june 2007 where to get a* only 26/40 was needed!!!!!

i found the question asking 'what is the equipment used to measure 1m squared' really hard because we have not learnt that :frown:
Reply 27
laurenroxyx

women at 40-60 go through menopause which is where they get more HDL in their body which reduces fat in the blood which causes less heart disease.

men naturally have a higher LDL in their bodies so they are more at risk of heart disease and more men are affected

i wish i has known this i said women exercise more because they care about body image LOL
laurenroxyx

Sorry? Wtf?

That can NOT be the answer - it's not in the textbook.

Nonense if it is.
im so academic
Sorry? Wtf?

That can NOT be the answer - it's not in the textbook.

Nonense if it is.

Its in the AQA Additional Science Textbook actually, my class actually studied this point too.
if its not in the text book it won't be in the exam :smile:
there'll probably be loads of answers acceptable; anything to do with causes of heart disease
laurenroxyx
Its in the AQA Additional Science Textbook actually, my class actually studied this point too.

Yeah, but B1 is the Core Science book.

It seems unfair if the correct answer would be material for the next module.

It's a disadvantage to people who haven't studied B2 as this is a B1 exam, and therefore all answers should be related with the B1 spec.
paradisecircus
if its not in the text book it won't be in the exam :smile:
there'll probably be loads of answers acceptable; anything to do with causes of heart disease

That's good to hear. :smile:
Reply 33
GIR
OP
The thing is, if you're doing a core science exam, then you're not expected to write that down. Although, I think you may get those right because looking over other mark-schemes they do tend to inlcude terms from additional science. But there should be other options available.

Im so academic, how did you find it?
GIR
I'm just wondering for those who sat this exam, how they found it. I found it different to the past papers I've done. It was harder than I thought. There were too many 'give 2 reasons...' questions.

It was OK but...

I MISSED THE LAST QUESTION (Question 8) OUT BECAUSE I DIDN'T SEE IT!!! ARRGHHHH!!!!!! :mad:

Luckily I get to REDO the exam next year.... :yep:
laurenroxyx

Thing is NONE of that was in the AQA Textbook that gave us everything to revise for B1.

It isn't fair that we revise everything that AQA tells us to and then in the exam we have to write down answers that aren't mentioned in their revision materials.
GIR
The thing is, if you're doing a core science exam, then you're not expected to write that down. Although, I think you may get those right because looking over other mark-schemes they do tend to inlcude terms from additional science. But there should be other options available.

Im so academic, how did you find it?

I found it OK tbh. :smile:
Guys, any guesses on what the grade boundaries might be?
Im thinking about 32 A* and 30 A
Do you guys think they will be low?
Reply 39
i found it ok, i think with a heart question thier will be a few possilble answers. I thought it was better than unit 2-3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending