Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Extra A Levels

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm going into my final year at Uni and I'm still thinking about what to do when I leave. I was thinking about doing some more A Levels during my final year and so I'll need to apply pretty much straight away! Has anyone done this? I mean I don't need to, I'm just interested in studying a different subject for a change! Also has anyone done intensive A Levels in a year?

Meh it's just a thought, so any help would be great!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it will depend on which subject you wish to study.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of Law, or maybe Chemistry. I'm not sure to be honest.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well to be honest Law and Chemistry are very difficult subjects. Especially Chemistry which has the reputation of being one of the hardest A-level subjects. I can only speak from what other have told me as I have no experience in this whatsoever. I think I am correct in stating that the final year in Uni will be toughest and therefore you will need 101% concentration, if you get what I mean. Of course it will also depend on your course, but if you are unsure of what job you wish to do, I doubt very much that an A-level will help you. Having a Law A-level will not enable to practice law without a Law degree, in fact Law is not required for any course. Having a Chemistry A-level will not transform you into a scientist. Are you planning on doing another UG course after you finish?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Hey! I'm going into my final year at Uni and I'm still thinking about what to do when I leave. I was thinking about doing some more A Levels during my final year and so I'll need to apply pretty much straight away! Has anyone done this? I mean I don't need to, I'm just interested in studying a different subject for a change! Also has anyone done intensive A Levels in a year?

Meh it's just a thought, so any help would be great!
    Don't compromise your degree result for the sake of a few extra A-Levels!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I guess I don't want to compromise my degree and I realise I'll have loads of work on, but to be honest I'm just really doubting what I want to do in my future I mean I'm doing a psychology degree, and am on target for a 2.1 but I'm so confused as to what I should do next! I mean I have no idea, and it seems all my mates at Uni know exaclty what they want to do
Updated: September 5, 2005
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.