The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yellowmeringue
If it's a 4 mark question, choose two details from the source, infer a meaning and then back it up with your own contextual knowledge. If there are more marks, you should be making more points.

Don't forget:

-Origin
-Nature
-Purpose

You can use any of them to make a point, you don't just have to rely on the image/text.

Hope that helps a bit xx

Alrite thanks :smile:
I must say I felt that it went alright, even if I did forget to evaluate the author on the the last question of the first paper. Good thing it was only worth one mark. I reckon the rest went ok really. It's insane how we only get tested on roughly 10% of what we get taught! :confused:
dannylj
Yeah the source should be easy compared to that. Who else did Divided Union + Superpower Relations?

Moi, for Edexcel. I found it ridiculously hard. I'm also complaining because I go to a weird school (long story) and the exam invigilators were talking loudly throughout the whole thing.

Well, to be fair, the Divided Union question was alright. I went for question 9 and that was fairly decent, but I ****** the Superpower Relations questions up terribly (I went for question 11 - I have no idea why 'cause question 12 was far easier imho).

How did it go for you?
Reply 23
Should done question 9. Saw the words civil rights on Q 10 and started it immediately but looking back I knew more about the things on Q9
Reply 24
Socially Awkward Penguin
Moi, for Edexcel. I found it ridiculously hard. I'm also complaining because I go to a weird school (long story) and the exam invigilators were talking loudly throughout the whole thing.

Well, to be fair, the Divided Union question was alright. I went for question 9 and that was fairly decent, but I ****** the Superpower Relations questions up terribly (I went for question 11 - I have no idea why 'cause question 12 was far easier imho).

How did it go for you?

I did the the Divided Union one with the 10 mark question for the watergate scandal and the 15 mark question about the fear of communism. That went fine, the superpower relations I did whichever one was second. Which I did regret because I am good at Yalta and Potsdam and 1945-55. Unlucky about the moderators talking. I ****** up a question about the Helsinki Agreement of 1975, but I did talk about human rights.
Reply 25
Sani-Insanity
Should done question 9. Saw the words civil rights on Q 10 and started it immediately but looking back I knew more about the things on Q9

I always end up wishing I'd changed half way through a question,
Reply 26
Same. In all the mocks, I have. But I thought for the real thing it would be pretty stupid to do that so I decided against it. :smile:
Did you fill you answer book up. there were too many pages. My 15 marks questions were about two and a half sides with messy crappy average sized writing. I'm gonna blame that on why I had no time. I wanted it all skipping through it to find the right page to write my answer,
I did OCR - Medicine through time and Germany!

I hate medicine, I still have paper 2 of it as well! I'm worried I haven't gone into detail enough, people wrote way more than me and I wrote 7 pages as well... I really want an A*. Does anyone know how many marks you can drop and still achieve one?
Reply 28
i completely flopped the medicine part of the paper, so upset because it is one of my strongest subjects :frown: i just had a complete mind blank on the blood letting one :s-smilie:
ah well, at least its over!
Reply 29
Sani-Insanity
Same. In all the mocks, I have. But I thought for the real thing it would be pretty stupid to do that so I decided against it. :smile:
Did you fill you answer book up. there were too many pages. My 15 marks questions were about two and a half sides with messy crappy average sized writing. I'm gonna blame that on why I had no time. I wanted it all skipping through it to find the right page to write my answer,

My 15 marks were 2 pages long the rest were all a page long except for 10 which was a page and a half. And the 3s which were one paragraph. I barely had enough time though !
Reply 30
Iepnauy
Did anyone do medicine through time with AQA? :L I feel like I'm the only one

Yeaaaaaah, I did. :smile:

How did you find it?
Reply 31
Extreme``
OMG for thos who did Edexcel C Germany and Medicine through time, i gotta say that was really easy, everything that i revised didnt really come up like jenner, simpson... lol

But Germany was the easiest imo!

You probably should've talked about simpson if you did the question on surgery!
Reply 32
I pray source paper is easier. The year below have it so much easier. They get to do half their gcse in year 10. Woulda saved me SOOOOO much hassle and stress
Reply 33
ooo i had american west and medicine. i know all about the homesteaders and the mormons, etc etc, but the american west topic to come up in the exam = indians. you have to be kidding me. it was my worst topic and i sat there and was like wtf.
I'm just glad it's over! Only got 8 more to do :P
Reply 35
Im relieved but i don't think i did anywhere near to the best of my ability my teacher predicted me a ...i think ill get a C .... maybe a b ill have to work and revise extremely hard for the next one...:/ ...i revised for this one from 4.30am-7.20
Sani-Insanity

I did q8 (USSR) and 9 (USA). Thank the lord for q9. The 15 mark question was like "why did the fear of communism increase during the years 1945-55" with the scaffolds Cold War, Algar Hiss, Rosenburgs and McCarthy. I had so much to say but I ran out of time considering that question covers basically a whole topic. :P
i did history of medicine and weimar+nazi germany(1918-45), and in honesty i couldnt have asked for better topics on the paper (:
any do edexcel history b medicine through time? it was the sources paper today, thought it went alright, it's the next one i'm worried about (tuesday) gunna be sooooooooo hard :frown:
any tips?
Reply 39
infintywhirls
I did q8 (USSR) and 9 (USA). Thank the lord for q9. The 15 mark question was like "why did the fear of communism increase during the years 1945-55" with the scaffolds Cold War, Algar Hiss, Rosenburgs and McCarthy. I had so much to say but I ran out of time considering that question covers basically a whole topic. :P

Finally someone who does same topics as me. :smile:
I really really really wish I had done question 9. The 15 mark question was so much easier, I thought that I was better at civil rights but after I realised how simple the 15 mark question was. I was used to civil rights questions about blacks, but the question called for civil rights fore everyone even though the scaffolding provided points about things from black civil rights movement. Tried to incorporate women and students but focused mainly on blacks. Ended up confusing myself to be honest. No idea if it made sense as I didn't have time to check. Had just finished my conclusion and put the full stop at the end when the envigilator said stop.

Do you remember what the 3,5,5,7 mark questions for it were?

Latest

Trending

Trending