The Student Room Group

WJEC BS4 - June 22nd

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Tidy paper fair play. All the easier stuff really came up. Waffled on quite a lot where i wasn't too confident on but i knew the basics in all things and decision tree question was pretty easy. And the stakeholder question at the end was pretty nice as the others looked a bit nasty. Also was Depreciation like £3500 after 3 years?
Reply 61
Residual Value after = £5,900

It was that what it asked for isnt it? :s

Edit: Depreciaton was £700/year
Reply 62
boodeny
Residual Value after = £5,900

It was that what it asked for isnt it? :s

Edit: Depreciaton was £700/year

It gave the residual value though?

Depreciation was £700 a year yep
Reply 63
benmh92
It gave the residual value though?

Depreciation was £700 a year yep

Ye it gave redisdual value after 8 years, i thought we had to find value after threee? :s-smilie:
Reply 64
Yep i got 5900

For the decision tree, i got the 2nd row, profit of 170k but i think it was wrong :frown:
Reply 65
whatajoker
Yep i got 5900

For the decision tree, i got the 2nd row, profit of 170k but i think it was wrong :frown:

yeh it was the first one. i messed up the depreciation answer then as i must have got confused somewhere along the line with residual value. Done the workings mainly right though i believe.
Reply 66
benmh92
yeh it was the first one. i messed up the depreciation answer then as i must have got confused somewhere along the line with residual value. Done the workings mainly right though i believe.

or the Decison tree i had "Sunday Newspaper" - £288k and a few of my mates agreed, so think its right =/ not confirmng tho :smile:
Reply 67
boodeny
or the Decison tree i had "Sunday Newspaper" - £288k and a few of my mates agreed, so think its right =/ not confirmng tho :smile:

I put the Sunday paper as I worked out that if you minus the cost from the total revenue the newspaper will generate the most revenue anyway even though it has the highest chance of success over the other two.

I did essay Q7 which wasn't too bad.
700 a year so 2100 after 3?

And yeah Sunday Newspaper.

Did 5 and vomited anything related to the affects of lower tax, how much did people write for the final question?
Reply 69
Idiot-Finder
700 a year so 2100 after 3?

And yeah Sunday Newspaper.

Did 5 and vomited anything related to the affects of lower tax, how much did people write for the final question?

ye 700 a year , and therefore £2100 for 3, but it asked for the value.. So its £8000-2100 = £5900

For Q5, i did the exact same, listed all the major taxes and said knock on effect then knock on effect of that adn that ad that then bring in some random stuff like more profit = motivation via theorys theory and **** like that lol Did about 3 and a half pages on essay, which is good for me i thought (not a big writer )
boodeny
ye 700 a year , and therefore £2100 for 3, but it asked for the value.. So its £8000-2100 = £5900

For Q5, i did the exact same, listed all the major taxes and said knock on effect then knock on effect of that adn that ad that then bring in some random stuff like more profit = motivation via theorys theory and **** like that lol Did about 3 and a half pages on essay, which is good for me i thought (not a big writer )

Ah pants thats one mark lost for not reading the question :rolleyes:.

Fair play on 3.5 pages, I only did 2 but I never wrote much in any of the previous exams and I did alright so ah well :p:.
Reply 71
Idiot-Finder
Ah pants thats one mark lost for not reading the question :rolleyes:.

Fair play on 3.5 pages, I only did 2 but I never wrote much in any of the previous exams and I did alright so ah well :p:.

Ye lol, i finished section A in like 30 mins so i just spent the rest making some waffles for Q5 :L
Reply 72
Awww so happy with how that turned out :biggrin:
Wasn't too sure about the elasticity of demand part b but I tried to use common sense to make something up. I did the essay question about external factors and wrote about 3 and a half pages which I was quite proud of! I just kept thinking of more and more things to write down.
Reply 73
Did you guys have to wrote the questions you did on the front page?
The invigilators asked us to do that... Very strange :s-smilie:
Reply 74
whatajoker

Erm nope no one said that to us =/
Reply 75
kathx1
Awww so happy with how that turned out :biggrin:
Wasn't too sure about the elasticity of demand part b but I tried to use common sense to make something up. I did the essay question about external factors and wrote about 3 and a half pages which I was quite proud of! I just kept thinking of more and more things to write down.

Ye part b) i had nothing in my notes on that lol, I just waffled about him being a luxury good and athat
Reply 76
whatajoker

Do you mean on the marking bit on the front of the paper, writing the question numbers? I do that anyway :p:
Reply 77
^ No on the very front page where we write our names etc...

Ok guys... on the decison trees, if i tree it correctly, how many marks will i get? Because what i did was,

0.6x600000-120000 + 0.4x120000-120000

Which is wrong I know :frown:

So how many marks out of 7? Maybe 3...4?
Reply 78
whatajoker
^ No on the very front page where we write our names etc...

Ok guys... on the decison trees, if i tree it correctly, how many marks will i get? Because what i did was,

0.6x600000-120000 + 0.4x120000-120000

Which is wrong I know :frown:

So how many marks out of 7? Maybe 3...4?

Well if it were a maths exam youd get 5-6/7

But i dont know how business examiners mark that sort thing soz pal
Reply 79
So how many marks out of 60 do you think a B will be?
Also, what did you guys get for the elasticity question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending