The Student Room Group
do you mean the medicine though time one?
Reply 2
:s-smilie: :/ Questions 2,3,4 on my paper focused on Treaty of Versailles, Cold War & League of Nations.
oh okay i did the schools history project..
Reply 4
jaunebanane
Never would have guessed :p:.

Welcome to TSR! :biggrin:

Haha, thankyou!
Verityx
Hey, I sat my History B AQA Unit 1 today. I did questions 2,3,4 and I think it went pretty okay. Just excited to find out what grade I got really! Soo, I was just wondering how did it go for you if you sat this :smile: Btw, I'm new haha! :biggrin:

I'm a bit confused...I think I did the same paper, but I just did question 2 and 4, then did question 7 on Britain in WW1.
In the cold war question there was stuff about the Korean War, Berlin Blockade and Airlift, Hungarian Uprising, e.t.c...? :smile:
Reply 6
francesca-ellen
oh okay i did the schools history project..

Did the same as you, medicine through time and american west? How did you find it?
I think it could have been worse, was bricking it cause I'd done practically no revision but I think I did alright :smile:
Reply 7
beautiful-lion
I'm a bit confused...I think I did the same paper, but I just did question 2 and 4, then did question 7 on Britain in WW1.
In the cold war question there was stuff about the Korean War, Berlin Blockade and Airlift, Hungarian Uprising, e.t.c...? :smile:

Yes, but I don't think we had a question 7. Just 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. We had to choose three questions. What colour was your paper? What source picture was there on question 3? :biggrin:
Question 1 - The Origins of the First World War
Question 2 - Peacemaking 1918-1919 and The League of Nations
Question 3 - Hitler's foreign policy and the origins of the Second World War
Question 4 - The Origins of the Cold War 1945-1955
Question 5 - Crisis of the Cold War 1955 - 1970
Question 6 - Failure of Détente and the collapse of communism 1970 - 1991
Sorry, that might make it more specific :biggrin:
Verityx
Yes, but I don't think we had a question 7. Just 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and we had to choose three questions. What colour was your paper? What source picture was there on question 3? :biggrin:

I didn't do question three, I did question 2 and 4. In question two there was stuff about Abyssinia and Manchuria. Question four was the stuff I said earlier. I'm pretty sure I'm doing the same specification and board as you. Unless you're doing the new module GCSE :biggrin:
Reply 9
beautiful-lion
I didn't do question three, I did question 2 and 4. In question two there was stuff about Abyssinia and Manchuria. Question four was the stuff I said earlier. I'm pretty sure I'm doing the same specification and board as you. Unless you're doing the new module GCSE :biggrin:

Ahh, yes sorry I'm doing the new module GCSE! I heard alot of people in Year 11 didn't get to finish! Lol, I'm stupid. Hope it went well for you :smile:
Verityx
Ahh, yes sorry I'm doing the new module GCSE! I heard alot of people in Year 11 didn't get to finish! Lol, I'm stupid. Hope it went well for you :smile:

Haha, thanks :smile: I finished with five seconds to spare :biggrin: Hope yours was ok! Do you have Germany and Russia next year then? Mine is in a few days! I'd better get revising! x
i thought i did relatively well compared to the people around me, so glad i revised thoroughly though
Reply 12
beautiful-lion
Haha, thanks :smile: I finished with five seconds to spare :biggrin: Hope yours was ok! Do you have Germany and Russia next year then? Mine is in a few days! I'd better get revising! x

Haha, luckily I had 15 minutes but I hate just waiting! Ermm, no idea what will be in the next exam, but we have focued on Germany and Russia with the Nazi-Soviet Pact. We've also had uestions on and studied the Abysinnian Crisis and Manchurian Crisis but I'm guessing yours was in more detail! Random but.. how do you revise? I mean I read threads where people explain they revised for hours and weeks before their upcoming exam but I usually only start two days before or so for about 2-3 each night and I've usually always hit A's :/ WJEC Paper 2 English Language exam tomorrow - I have to say I'm dreading it! :yep: :biggrin: xx
Reply 13
beautiful-lion

Haha, luckily I had 15 minutes but I hate just waiting! Ermm, no idea what will be in the next exam, but we have focued on Germany and Russia with the Nazi-Soviet Pact. We've also had uestions on and studied the Abysinnian Crisis and Manchurian Crisis but I'm guessing yours was in more detail! Random but.. how do you revise? I mean I read threads where people explain they revised for hours and weeks before their upcoming exam but I usually only start two days before or so for about 2-3 each night and I've usually always hit A's :/ WJEC Paper 2 English Language exam tomorrow - I have to say I'm dreading it! :yep: :biggrin: xx
Reply 14
rebecca_george
i thought i did relatively well compared to the people around me, so glad i revised thoroughly though

What questions did you?
Verityx
What questions did you?

i did treaty of Versailles/league of nations page,Hungarian uprising/ Korean war page, and ww2 for section B:smile:

edit: im in yr 11 so it was the old gcse thing
Verityx

Same! This time I started a bit too late - I hate to get up at 5.00 am to revise today! It was worth it though :smile: I try to write some form of notes, even if it's just jotting down a simple timeline of the dates, but mainly it's just memorising. I have a good memory, so I just look at text books, read it aloud, think about it. In the Easter Holidays I wrote really detailed cue cards for a couple of the topics - they were useful for right before the exam, but in hindsight I think I just wasted too much time on them - they took ages! I'm more of a memory-audio person than a notes person! :smile:
Reply 17
beautiful-lion
Same! This time I started a bit too late - I hate to get up at 5.00 am to revise today! It was worth it though :smile: I try to write some form of notes, even if it's just jotting down a simple timeline of the dates, but mainly it's just memorising. I have a good memory, so I just look at text books, read it aloud, think about it. In the Easter Holidays I wrote really detailed cue cards for a couple of the topics - they were useful for right before the exam, but in hindsight I think I just wasted too much time on them - they took ages! I'm more of a memory-audio person than a notes person! :smile:

Wow, good idea! I was told to revise this easter holiday, but without suprise I didn't revise at all! I really should do more, but I'm easily sidetracked during day time. At night time, like right now I can concentrate more and in the morning! Fortunately, I'm on the new exam board and don't have to sit two exams in on year, unless I have to re-sit next year which I'm really hoping isn't the case lol. Same, sometimes I'll record snippets from a book or questions I've answered and got high marks in and play them back to me before an exam. Oh, how I hate pre-exam mode. Stress, worry and anxiety. However the thought of enjoying the summer holiday when all the exams have finished and hopefully recieving good grades make me feel so much happier! :yep: :smile:
I'm Y11 and I did questions 2, 3 and 7 because I hadn't revised the Hungarian Revolution :P Hope everyone else's went well, I only just finished: had to do three 3-markers in 10 minutes! Everyone thinks I'm strange for doing d,d,d, c,c,c etc. instead of doing it all in order!
Reply 19
such_a_lady
I'm Y11 and I did questions 2, 3 and 7 because I hadn't revised the Hungarian Revolution :P Hope everyone else's went well, I only just finished: had to do three 3-markers in 10 minutes! Everyone thinks I'm strange for doing d,d,d, c,c,c etc. instead of doing it all in order!

Haha, I have a tendency of doing that. I rarely do it in order :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending