Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

TSR UKIP Question Time

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just waiting for Englebert to win it for us now then
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacCuishy)
    Why dont we f*&@ing win then!?!?!?!
    Because quite frankly you have **** people or bands from yesteryear playing...!
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    The Eastern Bloc vote for each other for example the Balkans
    :rofl:
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Engelbert has a massive following in Eastern Europe. Hopefully that will count in his favour!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Our isolated stance with regards to Europe can be the only explanation as to why our such unrivalled brilliance goes unnoticed on the ultimate pinnacle of European music which is the Eurovision Song Contest.

Now honestly, can you see any reason, and I mean any reason at all for this song to fail to win?

It was clearly a song which was vastly superior to every song in Europe, if not the World, at the time (and remains so to this day) and somehow, somehow it got the dreaded "nil points". The only explanation? Our isolated stance towards Europe. It just has to be the answer. I should expect that the least you could do, as Foreign Secretary, to bring the UK closer to Europe, if only to help our frankly brilliant songsters get the recognition they deserve in, as I said, the most esteemed song competition in Europe, if not the World.

Don't you think you owe that at the very least to the great men, women and children of this country?
    Can't help but notice that nobody has answered my question :holmes:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birchington)
    Apparently Engelbert has a massive following in Eastern Europe. Hopefully that will count in his favour!
    Hope not. I've got a fiver on Romania!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do UKIP think their cause is helped or hindered by the Eurovision Song Contest?
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who are the favourites this year? I've only seen Engelbert and Jedward so far.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Hope not. I've got a fiver on Romania!
    The patriotism of the Labour party.

(Original post by barnetlad)
    Do UKIP think their cause is helped or hindered by the Eurovision Song Contest?
    I don't think that people equate the EU with the Eurovision Song Contest so I don't think that it has any effect. I will say that the Contest is an example of Europe working together.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I don't think that people equate the EU with the Eurovision Song Contest so I don't think that it has any effect. I will say that the Contest is an example of Europe working together.
    But like, doesn't it go against everything you stand for? Y'know, all that isolationist, 'we don't need them and they're just greedy *cough*bankers*cough* that just steal all our money' rhetoric?
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    But like, doesn't it go against everything you stand for? Y'know, all that isolationist, 'we don't need them and they're just greedy *cough*bankers*cough* that just steal all our money' rhetoric?
    There are a variety of views on Europe. I don't like political Europe, but a purely free trade zone and cultural links is something that we should encourage. What I am opposed to is the EU interfering in Britain.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    If any UKIP member is willing to carry out an interview please post in the below thread stating you're interest;

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1978688

Unless you're a Party Leader, it probably won't be this Issue when you get interviewed but future ones definitely.

QFA
    ^ Could you please confirm if you're okay to conduct an interview?
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    If any UKIP member is willing to carry out an interview please post in the below thread stating you're interest;

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1978688

Unless you're a Party Leader, it probably won't be this Issue when you get interviewed but future ones definitely.

^ Could you please confirm if you're okay to conduct an interview?
    Depending on who carries out the interview and if you can guarantee that it won't be tampered with in any way, shape or form, then I will be ok to be interviewed, but I need those assurances first.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depending on who carries out the interview and if you can guarantee that it won't be tampered with in any way, shape or form, then I will be ok to be interviewed, but I need those assurances first.
    I promise on behalf of myself and Birchington, that we will carry out the interview in a proper and professional manner and make sure that the interviews are not leaked before the publishing date of the newspaper.

I honestly don't mind if you don't want to, it's entirely your choice.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    I promise on behalf of myself and Birchington, that we will carry out the interview in a proper and professional manner and make sure that the interviews are not leaked before the publishing date of the newspaper.

I honestly don't mind if you don't want to, it's entirely your choice.
    Since I have those assurances, I'm happy to do it. Just give me a time and I'll let you know if I can do it.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Since I have those assurances, I'm happy to do it. Just give me a time and I'll let you know if I can do it.
    Well we can do it in a chatroom environment or I can send you a set of questions? Your choice. If we did it via PM then you could have more time to complete the answers.

I've not drawn up the questions, or spoken with the Editor about his ideas for questions yet, so it will at least be a day probably before it happens. I'll confirm it with you.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    Well we can do it in a chatroom environment or I can send you a set of questions? Your choice. If we did it via PM then you could have more time to complete the answers.

I've not drawn up the questions, or spoken with the Editor about his ideas for questions yet, so it will at least be a day probably before it happens. I'll confirm it with you.
    Probably better with PMs because really apart from weekends, it's difficult to find a day what is free for me and next weekend would be too short notice. I look forward to receiving your PM.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably better with PMs because really apart from weekends, it's difficult to find a day what is free for me and next weekend would be too short notice. I look forward to receiving your PM.
    Okay, no problem. Should be within the next few days. Speak soon
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bump.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What is UKIP's position on freedom of speech and censorship?
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internetguru)
    What is UKIP's position on freedom of speech and censorship?
    We all have different opinions and so people may give different answers. I personally believe that freedom of speech is important and I think that censorship is something that should limited. In cases where people are inciting other people to do things, then censorship should be looked at especially in cases such as last year's riots, but I'm an advocate of the freedom of speech for the most part.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 22, 2014
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.