The Student Room Group
I think it means to describe what effects social change has on society. I'm not too familiar with this one either. Just talk about social action and social competition and stuff, where the minority group intends to redefine their attributes to make them more positive to the majority.
implication for social change is how psychological research has changed society. for example:

milgram's study involved participants gradually increasing the level of shocks they gave. this is called the 'foot in the door' technique which is used by charities to get people to donate a small amount first which they gradually increase.

also ethical guidelines have been put in place as a direct result of the psychological and physical harm caused to participants of the study.

hoffling's nurses study (look that up if you don't know it) has resulted in all nurses having to sign off all medication they give to patients as well as attending a psychology course as part of their training.

3 is enough. i hope that helped :smile:
Reply 3
safwaansh
implication for social change is how psychological research has changed society. for example:

milgram's study involved participants gradually increasing the level of shocks they gave. this is called the 'foot in the door' technique which is used by charities to get people to donate a small amount first which they gradually increase.

also ethical guidelines have been put in place as a direct result of the psychological and physical harm caused to participants of the study.

hoffling's nurses study (look that up if you don't know it) has resulted in all nurses having to sign off all medication they give to patients as well as attending a psychology course as part of their training.

3 is enough. i hope that helped :smile:

thanks but i thought 'implications' meant bad outcomes, but surely ethical guidelines and nurses having to sign off medication is a good thing??
Chazra
thanks but i thought 'implications' meant bad outcomes, but surely ethical guidelines and nurses having to sign off medication is a good thing??

it doesn't mean bad outcomes well not in the syllabus anyway
Reply 5
safwaansh
it doesn't mean bad outcomes well not in the syllabus anyway

ok .. think thats why i was getting so confused.. thanks!!
Reply 6
This came up in the exam I think in the smoking question hope you learnt it :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending