Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
acidedge is bladesoc's salesman you see :smile:
Reply 22
Broadway_Babie
Hey so are you guys responsible for that Sainsbury's Cart that was abandoned around Derby/Rutland/Sherwood for awhile?! :P My friends and I joked about wanting to ride on that down the Downs.

We found 2 behind Nightingale I think, and took one of them to Ancaster, then to Cav, but we had to hide it in a hedge outside Cav because they had security guards at the time. We then forgot to retrieve it after that, being rather drunk.

I think that photo was taken on the path between Nightingale and Ancaster - so it's probably not the trolley you're thinking of.
Reply 23
Acidedge
Hu Stu is the largest hall on campus, and was also the first.
It's closest to the Science Park and the Portland Building.
It has the largest and only student run bar on campus.
It holds the best parties.
It has a superb formal dinner every Tuesday.

And it's closest to the main car park, where BladeSoc meets every Saturday at 2pm.

So, in summary... NER NER NER NER NEEERRR!!!

:biggrin:

but rutland has a green pointy thing on its roof. :p: :p: :p:
Reply 24
oh oh ooooooh and and andddddddddddd

Rutland has won karni 40/42 times ^^
Reply 25
THE BEE
oh oh ooooooh and and andddddddddddd

Rutland has won karni 40/42 times ^^

No they haven't... no hall has won Karni 2 years running, so they can't have.
Acidedge
Hu Stu is the largest hall on campus, and was also the first.
It's closest to the Science Park and the Portland Building.
It has the largest and only student run bar on campus.
It holds the best parties.
It has a superb formal dinner every Tuesday.

And it's closest to the main car park, where BladeSoc meets every Saturday at 2pm.

So, in summary... NER NER NER NER NEEERRR!!!

:biggrin:

Oh yea? You want hall rivarly you get hall rivarly!! :P

1) Rutland is conviniently located centrally in the campus, so far enough from the departments to make you feel at 'home' when you go back, but close enough that it only takes a few mins to get to class.

2) Last year we won almost every sports interhall thing we were in. In field hocky both our first AND second teams came out on top. That's what I call POWER.

3) It's sooo close to the sports centre and astro turf that I can go workout whenever I feel like it. If you're too far away *cough* Hugh Stu *cough* then even when you feel like it you can't be arsed to go exercise.

4) Because it's central, again, it's fair distance to Beeston

5) K-block has the best en suite rooms on the campus by far.

6) Because Rutland is circular shaped, you can walk to any other room without stepping outside.

7) Rutland has only around 200 people unlike other big halls *cough* Hugh Stu *cough* so you get to know everyone.

8) We have a lovely library in the middle which is great for studying.

9) We go to Amsterdam. I heard some halls don't.

10) If you go round the back of Rutland Hall there's a beautiful route that leads down to the Millenium Gardens. In the spring the flowers are gorgeous!

11) We have a game machine in our bar. Our bar holds various events. It's also small and cozy enough that you can talk to everyone.

12) Our JCR + Hall spirit is legendary. That's why....

13) RUTLAND HAS WON KARNI SOMETHING LIKE 40 TIMES OUT OF 40!!!

I'll keep on adding more points as they come to me.
alex-HSH

Oh yes Rutland has! We're famous for it! Not just twice, but 40 TIMES.
Reply 28
Broadway_Babie
Oh yes Rutland has! We're famous for it! Not just twice, but 40 TIMES.

Oh, I thought she meant 40 out of 42 times. Well you could be right in that case.
alex-HSH
Oh, I thought she meant 40 out of 42 times. Well you could be right in that case.

She's right - we have won 40/42 times. The times we lost, we lost to the medics.
Reply 30
alex-HSH

yes we have ... 40 times out or 42

"Good Halls go to heaven. Rutland goes to Amsterdam 17th-20th Feb 2004" haha it s written on rutlanders' amsterdam T-shirt.
THE BEE
yes we have ... 40 times out or 42

"Good Halls go to heaven. Rutland goes to Amsterdam 17th-20th Feb 2004" haha it s written on rutlanders' amsterdam T-shirt.

I love that shirt.
Reply 32
Right, I'm sending an email to the Karni exec to see if they can confirm your claims... I remain unconvinced...
alex-HSH
Right, I'm sending an email to the Karni exec to see if they can confirm your claims... I remain unconvinced...

You don't believe us?! It's a fact that's known throughout the uni! Why do you think we get so much stick? Answer: JEALOUSY!

Look on wikipedia even:

Rutland is famed for winning Karni, the University's charity fund raising competition, almost every year.
Reply 34
Dear Alex,

oooooook looking for to hearing from you soon

Sincerely yours,
THE BEE
Reply 35
Broadway_Babie
I'll keep on adding more points as they come to me.

Troll bait at the ready... :biggrin:

1. No, it takes us a few mins to get to class. It might feel homely after you're 10 min walk because it does feel like you're trekked all the way back home.

2. Any proof of that?

3. Did you not read my last point? And I seem to remember the jog across The Downs made a good warm-up before my weekly games of basketball.

4. We're closer to town.

5. If you say so. (Thinks of lovely wooden floors in HSH old block).

6. You don't get wet if you stay in the bar.

7. More people to snog in Hu Stu.

8. HSH has a huge library.

9. We went to Paris last year. Amsterdam the year before.

10. HSH has the best grounds by far.

11. I think we win the 'Best Hall Bar' competition.

12. So is ours. Formal, anyone?

13. Yeah, by cheating.

Next....?

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 36
Broadway_Babie
You don't believe us?! It's a fact that's known throughout the uni! Why do you think we get so much stick? Answer: JEALOUSY!

Look on wikipedia even:

Rutland is famed for winning Karni, the University's charity fund raising competition, almost every year.

Yeah, but it was probably written by someone from Rutland.
Acidedge
Troll bait at the ready... :biggrin:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ok you asked for it!!

1. It's not a trek, it's a quick walk home that's good enough exercise. And that's important if you're a uni student pigging out :P

2. Proof: I was in the JCR in which we report our progress, and also participated in the hockey games so I know this.

3. Think the BIGGER PICTURE. Realistically most ppl are lazy, so Rutland is perfect.

4. Closer to town?!?!!? What kind of an arguement is that?

5. Yes I say so :P

6. In other words to visit others you get wet right? Ha ha *points finger*

7. If we want to snog more ppl we can go to a club.

8. Fair enough, but our library is small enough it's cozy :biggrin:

9. Ok so this arguement we both win. Some halls don't go overseas.

10. Hey, a beautiful scenic stroll down to the millenium gardens? Best thing ever!!

11. Nah we do.

12. Why haven't you won Karni then :P?

13. The year we cheated we didn't win anyway - the ppl found out and the prize went to the medics. We've won 40 times fairly anyway so who cares?
Reply 38
is there a amsterdam trip this year?
Reply 39
Broadway_Babie
Blah blah blah

Will bait the Troll later, but right now I have work to do. Ta ta!

You can give me a guided tour of 'wonderful' Rutland when Uni starts. I've only have been in Rutland bar, (pint of caffry's = brown ball), I didn't have any mates in Rutland. In fact, Rutland and Lincoln are the only halls that I haven't had a good look around.

Latest

Trending

Trending