The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Well, I'm not an expert on these matters but from experience you can get most sorts - there should be something for most people. The Carleton in Morecambe can be very cheesy but has a certain charm, whereas The Sugarhouse (the SU club) has an 'alternative' night on Thursdays and the usual pop/bit of everything nights on Fridays and Saturdays. Liquid and Toast have pop/hiphop nights, the same with Hustle (though on Mondays you get more alternative music). The Crypt and The Dark Place are both alternative (The Dark Place being the most hardcore). Basically, whatever your style of music, be it classical, rock, dance, hip hop, cheese etc, theres bound to be a night out somewhere for you in Lancaster!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
FrisbeeFan couldnt have put it better. Theres something in lancaster (music wise) for everyone. Toast has an alternative music night as well on a Monday night, the Carlton in morecambe, which is about a 15 min drive from the uni puts on a good show every 2 weeks called 'rock night'. even though ive never been to a concert at the sugarhouse, ive seen a couple advertised for bands playing there. a band called 'the music' played there a while back. theres other pubs, bars and clubs in lancaster such as revolution, lounge, friary, merchants and keystones which play random music really, they play different things at different times. theres also a snooker/pool club called rileys which (if your in to snooker or pool) is not only a great place for that but also they have a wide music selection available which you can listen to. so overall like frisbeefan said theres lots of places in lancaster (even though its not massive place) where different music genres can be heard!
stevo87
even though ive never been to a concert at the sugarhouse, ive seen a couple advertised for bands playing there. a band called 'the music' played there a while back.

The ordinary boys are playing there 25th october too ;0
Reply 4
I was thinking D&B?

My sister is gonna get me a job at revolution when I get to uni, cant wait.
Reply 5
JoeFen
I was thinking D&B?

My sister is gonna get me a job at revolution when I get to uni, cant wait.

Oh it's ace in Revolution. I got a Privilege card last time I was there.

I have a job too, but it involves a trip home every weekend. Meh.
Reply 6
Smiley_Me

I have a job too, but it involves a trip home every weekend. Meh.

What do you work as smiley?
I went past The Carleton in Morecambe. Looked like it had 'character'!
Reply 8
danjc
I went past The Carleton in Morecambe. Looked like it had 'character'!

What kind of "character"?! The name doesn't make me think of anythin too grand, but its where the Cartmel freshers dinner is, so i hope its a nice place..!
Smiley_Me

It's a pokey hole. I remember it when it was the Alex and they had goth night upstairs, fun!
artemision
What kind of "character"?! The name doesn't make me think of anythin too grand, but its where the Cartmel freshers dinner is, so i hope its a nice place..!

The carlton is a dump, like most night spots in morecambe.
Pendle are having their freshers dinner there too. It does sound cheesy but sometimes that's good I guess...
Reply 12
If your looking for a good night out i'd probably stick to most of the clubs in Lancaster 'cause there's different varieties of music depending where you go. I don't think it's fair to say that most places in Morecambe are dumps, don't generalise your own opinion as if it's the given knowledge not everyone may think the same as you. :p:
Reply 13
JoeFen
What do you work as smiley?

I work at Marks and Spencer in Preston. :frown:
Reply 14
Smiley_Me
I work at Marks and Spencer in Preston.

ohhhh i love M&S. isnt there one in lancaster so that you can transfer???? or did you just prefer the store your in now???
There is an M&S in Lancaster on the main shopping street
Reply 16
LittleMiss
There is an M&S in Lancaster on the main shopping street.

ohhhhh does it have a food part?????
Reply 17
No jobs to transfer. I won't consider it until I've settled into uni either.

Right now trying to give up my Sunday so I can just do every Saturday. It's proving difficult.

And yes Lancaster M&S has Food. I have 20% off, so I will be purchasing the meals for one hehe.
Reply 18
Smiley_Me
No jobs to transfer. I won't consider it until I've settled into uni either.

Right now trying to give up my Sunday so I can just do every Saturday. It's proving difficult.

And yes Lancaster M&S has Food. I have 20% off, so I will be purchasing the meals for one hehe.

yeah!!!! the meals for one may be my saviour!!!!

as you're an official lonsdale resident do we have a dinner and dance??? and if we do where is it held??
Reply 19
tana
yeah!!!! the meals for one may be my saviour!!!!

as you're an official lonsdale resident do we have a dinner and dance??? and if we do where is it held??

Well if I ever meet you I will let you use my discount hehe.

Oh and we do have a dinner at the Carleton.

But free jacket potatoes in Lonsdale bar on the night we move in.

A few discos too. So all good.

Latest