The Student Room Group

Scared I have not got what I want.

Hey all, was just looking for some opinions on what I should do now...

I've had a pretty tough past couple of years, without going in to much detail; I am already doing an extra 2nd year in six form and I have had to teach myself most of Further Maths A2 and I've only had 3 weeks to do it.

I currently have an offer for BB at Liverpool Uni for Mech. Engineering (already have an A in maths). Today, I sat a pretty hard exam and I was sort of banking on me getting an A in that or I'm royally f**ked :/ I am by no means going to give up, I am still going to try get a B in fm however in the unlucky situation that I only get a C, what are my options?

A few of my friends have suggested that my offer is not set in stone even at this point and I may still get a place with only ABC. I have been tempted to ring the admissions tutor for the course I want to do because their typical offer for that course is BBB, so I'm thinking that if I discuss it with them, they may take the fact I also have an A into consideration? I also, personally, think that it shows the uni that I really want to be there.

Just looking for some suggestions really, what are my options if the unthinkable happens etc., and do you think it's a good idea to ring the uni and voice my concerns?

Obviously I'm gonna feel stupid if I DO get a B but there ya go :/

Cheers,
Joe.
Reply 1
They should let you in

Mechanical engineering isn't very compeitive
Reply 2
Would it be in my favour to speak to them, though?
Reply 3
Kasc
Would it be in my favour to speak to them, though?

yeah i would think so. I feel i need to do the same. Check my last thread. I just cant seem to bring myself to nailing mechanics now, knowing i messed up c4.
Reply 4
Well I've definatley give them a ring then :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending