The Student Room Group

Employment prospects wiith a 2:2 here and a 2:1 from abroad

Hi guys.

I referred in the past to the issue of 2:2 asking information.I finished my second year now at University of Manchester Bsc (Hons) Management.I give the fight of my life to finish with a 2:1.But I don't know if I can make it.

But this is my second study.In Greece I studied at TEI(Technological Educational Institute) of Piraeus,4 years study Bsc (Hons) Accounting with 7,04 grade equivalent to 2:1 here.This university is not high profile but I see some recognition.For example ACCA says that graduates of TEI's in Accounting are excluded from 4 papers.Many UK universities also accept graduates of TEI's for MA's and Msc's.Moreover when I applied for internship at JP Morgan the site where I entered my academic qualification when i chose my country Greece it had my University in a list of universities to choose and asked grade,which made me think that there's some recognition.

So far I have 6 months internship experience at the National Bank of Greece I did in 2006 which was compulsory to get my degree from TEI of Piraeus.They also accepted me now for some kind of voluntary work to participate in the development of a project of a software for student to manage their finances and they promised to give reference letters to all the participants.

So afterall these do you think with these qualifications if I'm unlucky to graduate with a 2:2 from Manchester will I still be able to apply for high profile jobs from good companies?Does the fact that I have knowledge from both Management and Accounting and I have both degrees will be considered in a positive manner?

Latest

Trending

Trending