The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I expect a lot of trig, quadratics, volumes to come up. Hopefully the paper will not be too hard

what questions did you find hard on monday?
Reply 2
ORGANICQAL
I expect a lot of trig, quadratics, volumes to come up. Hopefully the paper will not be too hard

what questions did you find hard on monday?

the last ques.. i left it out.. the trig one because i needed to use tan and it didnt say wat tan was, did it? and ummm just the whole paper haha.
sariaaa<3 x
the last ques.. i left it out.. the trig one because i needed to use tan and it didnt say wat tan was, did it? and ummm just the whole paper haha.

You didnt need tan. You needed sin which they gave you. They wouldn't ask you to find something only possible to find with a calculator on a non-calculator paper.
Reply 4
sariaaa<3 x

Yeh, a lot of people found those difficult at my school

Your correct about using Tan, however Tan 26.6 was revealed in part a of the question as 0.5. So you simply had to substitute in the numbers to find the opposite length of the triangle.

I was stumped on the last question because I could not factorise the 5x^2 - 605, but I factorised the denominator and worked backwards.
Reply 5
ORGANICQAL

Your correct about using Tan, however Tan 26.6 was revealed in part a of the question as 0.5. So you simply had to substitute in the numbers to find the opposite length of the triangle.

I was stumped on the last question because I could not factorise the 5x^2 - 605, but I factorised the denominator and worked backwards.

ohh rightt. ye that last qeus was really hard. did u find any others hard?
Reply 6
Surprisingly the goat question, because I kept getting the wrong conversions
Reply 7
ORGANICQAL
Surprisingly the goat question, because I kept getting the wrong conversions

same here i just put it took up an area of 8m in a circle shape and then i drew anything for part b.. but i no i have got it rong.
Reply 8
I don't see why volumes would come up, we got a huge question on them remember?
Definitely some sort of circle theorems
probably alot more quadratics/factorisations etc (which i can't do >.>)
vectors maybe?
Reply 9
juliewho
vectors maybe?

truee.. i was thinking circle and vectors too. urgh i hate equations:frown: .. well the long ones will fractions.
Reply 10
sariaaa<3 x
truee.. i was thinking circle and vectors too. urgh i hate equations:frown: .. well the long ones will fractions.

same, I suck at everything apart from circles ;D mondays exam was okay until about halfway through, and people keep telling me what i was confident with is wrong, so idk what it's going to be like tomorrow :/
Reply 11
juliewho
vectors maybe?

Volumes mainly because it requires difficult calculations
Reply 12
ORGANICQAL
Volumes mainly because it requires difficult calculations

But on non-calc we got a six mark question on working out the volume of a sphere, cone and cylinder, then putting them in order + in terms of pi, so they wouldn't ask us the same thing again right?
juliewho
same, I suck at everything apart from circles ;D mondays exam was okay until about halfway through, and people keep telling me what i was confident with is wrong, so idk what it's going to be like tomorrow :/

lol naa i found it REALLY hard.. much harder then i expected. i hopee it okay tomorrow or im gona fail:frown:
juliewho
But on non-calc we got a six mark question on working out the volume of a sphere, cone and cylinder, then putting them in order + in terms of pi, so they wouldn't ask us the same thing again right?

Who said anything about the same question type? Theres most likely gonna be a volume question though. I've seen both paper 1 and paper 2 past-papers have volume in.
Reply 15
vedderfan94
Who said anything about the same question type? Theres most likely gonna be a volume question though. I've seen both paper 1 and paper 2 past-papers have volume in.

I just don't see what else about volume they can actually ask us, other than putting it in a different situation like... a barrel or something >.>
Reply 16
ORGANICQAL

I got the denominator but it took ages to get the top half. Then I realised it was completing the square. I messed up the cylinder one, the algebra one, and the mountain question because I didn't realise it was an enlargement.
yee but they also asked us to find the volume of that prism too remember, it was at the beginging of the paper, and it was really easy that qeus.
GilbMusic
I got the denominator but it took ages to get the top half. Then I realised it was completing the square. I messed up the cylinder one, the algebra one, and the mountain question because I didn't realise it was an enlargement.

it was enlargement?! and the algebra one wasnt completing the squaree:s-smilie:
any1 doing the edexcel igcse paper tomorrow??

Latest

Trending

Trending