The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

livvy--26
i thought it was good until my teacher told me i wrote about the wrong thing;
'write about how poets portray their feelings in limbo and another poem'
thought i compared really well, until i got out and realised i had written about the methods used by braithwaite to portray what the slaves felt rather than him! How can you you write about his feelings with that poem - they're just not mentioned - its all about the slaves.
Did anyone else find this?
Do you think i will be marked down?:frown:

I don't think you'll be marked down because examiners are instructed to accept different interpretations of questions. It happens all the time...
Reply 41
Went quite well tbh.
Describe and poetry..what did you all compare limbo to?
Reply 42
livvy--26
i thought it was good until my teacher told me i wrote about the wrong thing;
'write about how poets portray their feelings in limbo and another poem'
thought i compared really well, until i got out and realised i had written about the methods used by braithwaite to portray what the slaves felt rather than him! How can you you write about his feelings with that poem - they're just not mentioned - its all about the slaves.
Did anyone else find this?
Do you think i will be marked down?:frown:

I did the same! Oh gosh! Is that going to be a problem?
I was so glad when I saw the first question! It was the best poem and made it easier to do but I found it hard to compare them still. Hopefully it went OK though. Section 2 was the best section off all exams! Describe is my favorite and it took me a few minutes to decide what to write about. In the end I did it as if I was someone else.. I was someone real but I am not saying who..I was on a day out with my amazing big brother and I was 4. (Although she is not 4 yet). I did re read the first 2 1/2 pages of it but I somehow managed to write 3 and a bit then ran out of time to check the last lot I worte . But I normally seem to correct myself as I go along.
Glad it is finally over! I have been studying for that since Yr9 as I was supposed to take it early but in the end we didn't. No more english for me ...in a way I am slightly sad in others estatic I never have to sit through another hour of my english teacher!
I loved the paper. I compared Limbo with Vultures and I thought I did quite well. I did the describe a day from your childhood question too and wrote about my sixth birthday.
Reply 45
Gren
I'm aiming for A* and in my letter for persuade in paper 1 i didn't write the address at the top. Have I blown my chances?

not really. unless your writing was really amazing you might just scrap an A* or a really high A. writing the adress is crucial man. how could you forget? if you wrote a real letter i hope you don't forget the address... :biggrin: although there was a limited time...
Reply 46
in the first poem question were u supposed to compare the both poems or compare within each poem i think i only did this one comparing will i lose lots of marks if i didnt compare you were suppsoed to compare but in myn i wrote that limbo had metaphorical language and in nothing changed it similies is that comparingg or will i lose mark please can you reply
can't really tell...i thought i done alright in the poems but i cudnt write anything about imagery :s-smilie: were we met to write everything?
& the writing to describe :| i wrote about a trip to disneyland but i dont think i used many similies or hardly any methaphors or personifaction..but i kinda just told how my day went hmm..do you guys think i done really bad?
Reply 48
I realised earlier that in my english language paper 1, I wrote in paragraphs but I started each new paragraph on the next line (without an indent) :/ I completely forgot to leave a line inbetween, I have no idea why :/ ....But do you think I will get marked down or will it be okay?
Reply 49
it was alright, except for part b, kinda just forgot all about my plan and just rambled on and on :/ i said stuff about miley cyrus in my anecdote paragraph :P
Reply 50
anando
not really. unless your writing was really amazing you might just scrap an A* or a really high A. writing the adress is crucial man. how could you forget? if you wrote a real letter i hope you don't forget the address... :biggrin: although there was a limited time...

I think the writing for persuade, and today's describe, was good enough to cancel it out but not sure about comprehension and poems.
haha I know but i think it was mostly because I had started a different one and then after 5 minutes changed my mind so was just like panicking.
Reply 51
Justme10
I realised earlier that in my english language paper 1, I wrote in paragraphs but I started each new paragraph on the next line (without an indent) :/ I completely forgot to leave a line inbetween, I have no idea why :/ ....But do you think I will get marked down or will it be okay?

did you leave a indent if not mate you cant even cant a C
anando
writing the adress is crucial man. how could you forget?

No it's really not. The question asked you to write a letter to a newspaper. Who wants to display their address in a newspaper for people to come and find you if they disagree with your views? Had you ever read any newspapers, you would notice that no addresses are used in letters to them. It's not like you were writing a personal letter to the editor as if they were your friend, you're writing to the general public with psychopaths out there to track you down. Stop making that guy worry.
Reply 53
anando
ahhh. you made me feel better now! thanks!

No problem. :smile: I only wrote two pages, but I did the same for my mock, and that essay still got an A, so I'm not worried.
Reply 54
hi
I have had a really bad day!
I did the welsh wjec paper and had the worst exam of my life.
I crossed out an awnser to a question and tehn realise it was right - i therefore wroe 'Please mark this, i want to include paragraphs 1 and 2 in my awnser.' I then numbered paragrahs no 1 and 2 for clarity. But it was a mess will they mark this bit of my awnser?
Reply 55
fordy93
did you leave a indent if not mate you cant even cant a C

What? Of course you can. Please find me the bit in the mark scheme that said that you can't.
Reply 56
uc11
it was alright, except for part b, kinda just forgot all about my plan and just rambled on and on :/ i said stuff about miley cyrus in my anecdote paragraph :P

hahaha i rambled on about amanda seyfried, robert pattinson and lindsay lohan :L
Reply 57
i really got into the describe child hood day i wrote about first big kids bike lol yeh it was like a story but tbh its going too its, describing the day so its gunna turn out like a story in some way.
Reply 58
Anyone compare "Presents from my aunt" with "search for my tongue"?
Reply 59
Duckzilla
No it's really not. The question asked you to write a letter to a newspaper. Who wants to display their address in a newspaper for people to come and find you if they disagree with your views? Had you ever read any newspapers, you would notice that no addresses are used in letters to them. It's not like you were writing a personal letter to the editor as if they were your friend, you're writing to the general public with psychopaths out there to track you down. Stop making that guy worry.

Thanks but it was a personal letter :frown:! It was in paper 1 to an employer, the job one.

Latest

Trending

Trending