The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Plonk
What? Of course you can. Please find me the bit in the mark scheme that said that you can't.

The bit where if you don't paragraph then you can't display a skill that 11 year olds have. You're not showing that you know how to write.
OMG!!! i just realised i never wrote an address for the last exam we had...OMG for the bit where it said write a letter to your employer to hire you for the summer :| OMG GUYS am i going to looseeee a lot of marksS?!!?
please help me im stressing out!!
wakas
in the first poem question were u supposed to compare the both poems or compare within each poem i think i only did this one comparing will i lose lots of marks if i didnt compare you were suppsoed to compare but in myn i wrote that limbo had metaphorical language and in nothing changed it similies is that comparingg or will i lose mark please can you reply

Yes you are supposed to compare both poems together, why would you compare parts of the same poem to each other?
Reply 63
fordy93
did you leave a indent if not mate you cant even cant a C

i didnt leave an indent but it clearly was a new paragraph... it was for a newspaper article anyway, surely it will be okay? :/
Reply 64
Duckzilla
No it's really not. The question asked you to write a letter to a newspaper. Who wants to display their address in a newspaper for people to come and find you if they disagree with your views? Had you ever read any newspapers, you would notice that no addresses are used in letters to them. It's not like you were writing a personal letter to the editor as if they were your friend, you're writing to the general public with psychopaths out there to track you down. Stop making that guy worry.

omg. how was i supposed to know it was to a newspaper. of course you don't include you address...damn. sorry for giving the wrong information. :frown:
Was ecstatic when I saw Limbo! :biggrin: compared it to Nothing's changed...just wrote loads of random things, not sure if most make sense... didn't have time to read my work through :/ I did the describe too...and I wrote about being by the sea at my grandma's house... I described the scenery and her... and urgh it turned into the story near the end and I wrote how she was a heroine and rescued me from my troubled abused life... -.- then talked about the scenery really... not really a child hood memory but yeah... anyways, so long english!
sablarrr
Anyone compare "Presents from my aunt" with "search for my tongue"?

yepp i did that!!..did u write everything? like imagery and that, cos i didn;t :s-smilie:
Reply 67
Justme10
hahaha i rambled on about amanda seyfried, robert pattinson and lindsay lohan :L

sweeet! haha
i said i dont admire celebs, although i do admire some, coz it was easier to find negatives :P
i said how miley doesnt give autograph to fans haha
what did you write?
Reply 68
Loved it completely. I did the poetry question the day before, but for the describe I went a bit mad, and said my childhood memory was falling off a cliff, becoming unconscious, going to my 'heaven' then waking up in heart surgery. Obviously this isn't a real memory.
Reply 69
sablarrr

They're the two i did :smile:
Reply 70
I did writing to describe too it is the easiest
wait, if you indent a new papagraph, but don't leave a line, is that okay???
Reply 72
me_myself_and_I
Was ecstatic when I saw Limbo! :biggrin: compared it to Nothing's changed...just wrote loads of random things, not sure if most make sense... didn't have time to read my work through :/ I did the describe too...and I wrote about being by the sea at my grandma's house... I described the scenery and her... and urgh it turned into the story near the end and I wrote how she was a heroine and rescued me from my troubled abused life... -.- then talked about the scenery really... not really a child hood memory but yeah... anyways, so long english!

yeah i done limbo and nothings changed aswell
thought that was alright, glad it wasn't like vultures! which i find is a really hard poem, but yeah i dint have enough time to check my work though, but hopefully it was alright :biggrin:
Reply 73
Duckzilla
I loved the paper. I compared Limbo with Vultures and I thought I did quite well. I did the describe a day from your childhood question too and wrote about my sixth birthday.

same as did some of my friends who I spoke to after the exam :smile: I loved the paper even if I did cut it close on time in the second question due to spending to long planning on section A. For section B I talked about the first time I went out on my families yacht and mentioned how our perception of life changes as we grow older ^^
Reply 74
sablarrr

I did. I thought it went very well.
Reply 75
cinderella93
yepp i did that!!..did u write everything? like imagery and that, cos i didn;t :s-smilie:

Um..kinda.
I wrote about the metaphors in each of the poems etc etc.
I thought it went quite well (thank God).

I think as long as you wrote about language, form & structure then you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 76
Gren
Thanks but it was a personal letter :frown:! It was in paper 1 to an employer, the job one.

scrap my other post. HA! IN YOUR FACE DUCKZILLA! YOU NEED ADDRESS IN A PERSONAL LETTER! YES! I WON!. ok now to the serious part. you will lose a few marks but you can still get an A* i believe. maybe a low A* or a high A depending on how well you structured and written the letter and ended the letter correctly like yours faithfully, something something.
Reply 77
me_myself_and_I
wait, if you indent a new papagraph, but don't leave a line, is that okay???

yeah thats fine, you dont have to leave a line to show its a new paragraph :smile:
I did Limbo and Blessing because i wrote about the conditions before then after their type of celebration... For both questions which do you think were the best 2 poems to compare?
ChrissiEatsCats
eh.. hard to say. Section A was alright, but i dont think i compared the poems as much as i should have, i mainly just wrote about each of them. And section B was going quite well until i realised i was using too much persuasive language instead of explanatory language :/

thats exactly what i did! i picked the explain question and i kept persauding but i don't know how to seperate it.