The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ScarlettMelody
am i the only one that really hated it being about Limbo.. theres so little to write really!

Had fun writing to describe though :smile:

Yeah, Limbo was literally the worst one
Reply 81
uc11
sweeet! haha
i said i dont admire celebs, although i do admire some, coz it was easier to find negatives :P
i said how miley doesnt give autograph to fans haha
what did you write?

That 'I don't like celebrities that use the media to feed their selfish need for money and attention but I do admire the ones that are inspirational and deserve success and fortune' haha :/
I also whacked the old katie and peter story in haa :wink:
Reply 82
emma363
What did everyone write about for describe a day in your childhood?

one of my friends wrote about when she was born o_O

i did the first day at school. i made up so much crap about it.
Reply 83
Did anyone adopt a persona for writing to describe?
Reply 84
Duckzilla
The bit where if you don't paragraph then you can't display a skill that 11 year olds have. You're not showing that you know how to write.

Ah, I misread that post, when they said "I wrote in paragraphs but I started each new paragraph on the next line" I thought it meant that they had left a line at first.
Reply 85
cinderella93
OMG!!! i just realised i never wrote an address for the last exam we had...OMG for the bit where it said write a letter to your employer to hire you for the summer :| OMG GUYS am i going to looseeee a lot of marksS?!!?
please help me im stressing out!!

I hope not because i forget to :smile: Looked at the mark scheme and it doesnt say that you MUST, so fingers crossed.
Reply 86
poetry about identity went really well as i did a similiar question on tuesday and my teacher corrected my mistakes- and guess what- it came up in the real exam, well chuffed

description= scribbled out a page and a half as i felt what i was writing was crap. everytime i started again, a new better intro came into my mind.
started properly with only 20mins to go and i felt i did quite good as i included some similies,metaphors, personifaction, alliteration- only did 1 and a half- it's quality not quanity right?
So what proportion of the GCSE is coursework?
Reply 88
cinderella93
OMG!!! i just realised i never wrote an address for the last exam we had...OMG for the bit where it said write a letter to your employer to hire you for the summer :| OMG GUYS am i going to looseeee a lot of marksS?!!?
please help me im stressing out!!

chill.. I did a similar thing and forgot to end the letter with yours faithfully or whatever. Asked a teacher today and she said I would lose a couple for layout but it's not an awful mistake as the vast majority of the marks come from the content (obviously) :yep:
Reply 89
me_myself_and_I
wait, if you indent a new papagraph, but don't leave a line, is that okay???
should be but not if you just wrote it like massive wall of text. am i right in think you cant get a C if you dont write in paragraphs?
Reply 90
For the describe question I wrote it in third person and forgot to include myself, it turned out to be more a description of a park rather than a day in my childhood, will this affect my mark or do you think they will interpret it as my view of a park from my childhood?
The poems question was awful. But describing went okay. I was writing about how there was a scarlet fountain spurting out of my nose when I got (imaginary) beaten up for my twix.
:p:
Reply 92
sablarrr
Anyone compare "Presents from my aunt" with "search for my tongue"?

YES LOL. you can compare a lot between the poems :biggrin: about confusion of identity. :biggrin: might have got an A probs :biggrin:
Reply 93
rosexx
For the describe question I wrote it in third person and forgot to include myself, it turned out to be more a description of a park rather than a day in my childhood, will this affect my mark or do you think they will interpret it as my view of a park from my childhood?

No, you'll probably be rewarded higher as it was imaginative :biggrin:
Reply 94
sablarrr
Anyone compare "Presents from my aunt" with "search for my tongue"?

Yes i did.
Reply 95
Justme10
That 'I don't like celebrities that use the media to feed their selfish need for money and attention but I do admire the ones that are inspirational and deserve success and fortune' haha :/
I also whacked the old katie and peter story in haa :wink:

haha, how many paragraphs did you do?
Reply 96
Doughnut
chill.. I did a similar thing and forgot to end the letter with yours faithfully or whatever. Asked a teacher today and she said I would lose a couple for layout but it's not an awful mistake as the vast majority of the marks come from the content (obviously) :yep:

i did same except i did put yours sincerly didn't put a address surely i can't loose marks for that or maybe one at the most
JustLikeMagic
The poems question was awful. But describing went okay. I was writing about how there was a scarlet fountain spurting out of my nose when I got (imaginary) beaten up for my twix.
:p:

Lol, sounds imaginative :smile:
ScarlettMelody
am i the only one that really hated it being about Limbo.. theres so little to write really!

Had fun writing to describe though :smile:

i hated it all but i chose nothings changed
Reply 99
Describe didn't go as well as I had hoped, I spent way too much time on the poems; I wrote 4 goddamned pages!
Just managed to get in 2 pages for describe but I didn't have enough time to look over it...oh dear...there is DEFINITELY going to be something that doesn't make sense and the examiner is going to be like wtf?!

Latest

Trending

Trending