The Student Room Group

Manchester gets Dalton Nuclear Institute.

"By 2015, if people want to want to do Nuclear research, they will have the choice to go two or three leading Universities in the world, and Manchester will be one of them" Richard Clegg, current head of BNFL, who will be the director of the new Dalton Nuclear Institute. A insitute set up to do world class research, will particular regard to the nuclear industry.

Sounds very promising to me. A sign that Manchester is being able to secure the national resources that go with having the largest department in England for Physics. Hopefully this will silence many of the critics who have voiced concerns over the merger last year.

I think that the nuclear industry is also going to be rather important to this country will the transitionary phase between traditional fossil fuels and renewable sources. Surely this can only be good news.
Reply 1
material breach

Sounds very promising to me. A sign that Manchester is being able to secure the national resources that go with having the largest department in England for Physics.

I thought Imperial had the largest dept? :confused:
edders
I thought Imperial had the largest dept? :confused:
Since the merger i think we have something like 250 undergraduates in each year, i figure Manchester must be the largest, however i could be wrong and if i am please do correct me. Not to sure about research staff.
Manchester is the largest now.
ChemistBoy
Manchester is the largest now.
:cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending