The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I chose the one about a childhood day; I think it went okay and gave me the chance to right about all of the five senses etc
Reply 2
I did writing to describe. I described that day in my childhood when i walked in a blown up shopping mall. Never happened but hey!
I did the childhood day one; ended up doing a whole page description of my garden with it haha. But they always say not to 'tell a story' when describing. I'm not sure how to do that question without telling a story to some extent :/
Reply 4
I chose why do i like/dislike celebrities :smile:
Reply 5
Just happy I NEVER have to write another English related thing in my life. The end of the exam was a very happy moment for me.

Messed up section B though, but I expected that since my mind turns to mush when it comes to writing coherently about poems.
oli949
I chose the one about a childhood day; I think it went okay and gave me the chance to right about all of the five senses etc

I spoke about going to a park :/ I messed it up disgustingly.
Reply 7
Did describe.

Who adopted a persona for writing to describe? |:
i did describe the day, it was an absolute failure- started out alright but the end was ******* awful
but i only need to get a high B in both to get an A* overall, so..hopefully i'll be okay
Reply 9
Sani-Insanity
Just happy I NEVER have to write another English related thing in my life. The end of the exam was a very happy moment for me.

Messed up section B though, but I expected that since my mind turns to mush when it comes to writing coherently about poems.

Completely this, I despise English so glad I can finally shred my anthology!
I picked writing to inform because I was running out of time so writing a letter would be quick and easy...I though.
But stupid me I started writing to explain and persuade what could be done to solve problems rather than the question which was to inform a councilor about the problems :frown:
Poetry was crap too, all I could say about Limbo was that it had a rhythm to it :/
Reply 10
hash007
Completely this, I despise English so glad I can finally shred my anthology!
I picked writing to inform because I was running out of time so writing a letter would be quick and easy...I though.
But stupid me I started writing to explain and persuade what could be done to solve problems rather than the question which was to inform a councilor about the problems :frown:
Poetry was crap too, all I could say about Limbo was that it had a rhythm to it :/

I take it you;re not taking it next year. I'm guessing explain is why. Had many reasons for my chosen celebrity, actually had to narrow it down to three.

Limbo is crap imo. Main reason I avoided it.
Reply 11
TheCurlyHairedDude
I spoke about going to a park :/ I messed it up disgustingly.

Don't worry about it mate; I'm sure you've done fine. We had a revision session beforehand a went through a describe question on a fairground, so guess where I described a day out to? Did you write in the past or present tense?
oli949
Don't worry about it mate; I'm sure you've done fine. We had a revision session beforehand a went through a describe question on a fairground, so guess where I described a day out to? Did you write in the past or present tense?

I can't remember lol ? Erm I think past tense.
Reply 13
Describe
Reply 14
I did the infroma coucnil ember and wrote about how a cinema had been made in a residential area and how chavs would abuse it and spray paint swear words on it. And that an 15 year old got stabbed there becuase she woudnt do drugs witht the chavs :biggrin:
Reply 15
TheCurlyHairedDude
I can't remember lol ? Erm I think past tense.

Our teacher told us that it is best to do it in the past tense as it is very difficult to write in the present because you may still write parts of it in the past. I wrote in the present tense then spent a minute at the end checking through it (I actually had written some parts in the past without realising)
Reply 16
I did describe! I had such a good idea I've got to share it with you!
I know that originality gets top marks so for my memorable day I did a sad day! I made up a story of how my brother died.
basically at the beginning i described him as a monster with 'dull lifeless ugly gemstones'... and so on with other parts of the body..
At the end i wrote how they may be ugly but they were precious to me and i treasured the short time i had with him.. also at the beginning i worte about how his hands held into tight fists and at the end i wrote, "wouldn't you hold on if you were scared?" and basically talked about him holding onto life until he died..

A*?

(by the way, this was made up, lol. my brother's not really dead. i thought it would evoke emotion from the examiner and not be like everyone else describing their boring 'day at the beach')
Inform and explain.. i fear i may of been persuading instead tho :/
Describe, I made it up, all angsting about how **** Disneyland was, Mickey Mouse got stabbed and then I smashed up a hotel room.
Reply 19
Describe, I talked about my first day of primary school. Just a made up one though - the only thing I can remember is being shown where the toilets were :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending