Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Anyone thinking of applying for Junior Apprentice/ THE APPRENTICE FOR 2011/2012?

Announcements Posted on
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have been advised to apply and have some pretty good ideas of future business prospects, but the experience which I have entails school enterprise schemes and selling things at 6 times the price it took me to make them or whatever, but for Charities only. I haven't had a job except video blogging for TSR and that's hardly a real job, but I'm very academic... Extremely academic, in fact. Positions I've had when it comes to money-making have always been MD (Managing Director) so should I bother applying? Or is it not worth the possible humiliation that you could face if you did get through?

Advice would be appreciated. 3 people I know in my year have already got to the audition stages and they are of mixed abilities; one of them was in my own enterprise team too! XD
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopy786)
    I have been advised to apply and have some pretty good ideas of future business prospects, but the experience which I have entails school enterprise schemes and selling things at 6 times the price it took me to make them or whatever, but for Charities only. I haven't had a job except video blogging for TSR and that's hardly a real job, but I'm very academic... Extremely academic, in fact. Positions I've had when it comes to money-making have always been MD (Managing Director) so should I bother applying? Or is it not worth the possible humiliation that you could face if you did get through?

Advice would be appreciated. 3 people I know in my year have already got to the audition stages and they are of mixed abilities; one of them was in my own enterprise team too! XD
    Applications closed a while back AFAIK.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshgoldman)
    Applications closed a while back AFAIK.
    No they close on Sunday
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluteflute)
    No they close on Sunday
    I thought so.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    What's the ******* point?!
    Whats the point in not?? ...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Japprentice)
    I have applied for the junior apprentice before Christmas, the only thing I left out was the picture, it was not compulsory. Will this affect my chances, and when is the auditions/ interviews for birmingham. Thanks.
    I didn't put a picture in and iv been called for an audition...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got and interview, i was wondering do they have your online application infront of them?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, the deadline for apps is tomorrow night, so will I still get an audition if I apply today, considering my app is good?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I got my email today telling me I got an interview so i should think you would still be able to get an audition. After all it would be unfair if it was 'first come first serve', you should definitely apply!!

Those who have got an interview what are you wearing?
    I was going to wear a simple suit
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I really wasn't going to go until i heard it could support my medicine application for next year. i don't own a business but do really well academically, and was wondering what level of experience everyone has? i busked and raised money through that, was involved in a young enterprise scheme at school and have been involved in fundraising for charity, but apart from that i only have a part time job at mcdonald's for experience. is it even worth the train fare?

and in answer to clothing questions, probably just black pants and a blouse?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have my interview on Wednesday!! And I am just going to wear a smart top, trousers and a nice jacket. I am not going in a suit at this stage, and I'd wear soemthing comfortable, because reading other threads has made me re-realise the obvious; it's important to remain calm throughout!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got my interview on Sunday, should be good, not wearing a suit as my clothes are smart casual enough. I've never even watched one episode though!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha this is hilarious - I've actually got an audition for the apprentice!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im excited
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got an email telling me that someone posted on this thread.

This has never happened before.

That is all
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rokaf0)
    i applied last year, got 2nd round but its seriously awful.
    for those that apply next year some advice: 1st round is incredibly hard- you are in a line full of a people and you get 30 seconds each to speak! i crapped my pants and lied as the guy next to me said he had bought and sold a rainforest... at 16! LIKE WTF!
    2nd rounds fine, but you need some good business experience compete!
    Good luck all
    hey how do i apply ?
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pooja7)
    hey how do i apply ?
    It's too late now, it was around six months ago applications closed
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    please does anyone one have a saved application form for this because i want to apply next year and would like to know what the application form looks like and what questions are on it. if anyone applied this year and still has the form please get in touch with me, thankyou
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wanna go on the junior apprentice!
    have no experience.. but what the hell blaaag it!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 8, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.