The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Jing_jing
Also for question 4, did the argument have to be in radians?

no i think they would accept degrees in you marked it with a degree symbol
Bunkd
Thanks Mr M

Two things: 1) What do you think the grade boundaries would be
2) Have you got the answers for Core 4?

Thanks again

1) dunno - it didn't seem particularly difficult so not high
2) i posted them some time ago in the C4 thread
Mr M

for question 3.. could you have:

1/3n (n + 1/2) ( n- 1/2)
Reply 183
Mr M
1) dunno - it didn't seem particularly difficult so not high
2) i posted them some time ago in the C4 thread

If you have a copy of the FP1 paper, could you tell me what the original quadratic equation was on Question 7? - The one about roots
Mr M

Thanks! Also, for question 2 (ii) I didn't fully factorise my answer and left it as 1/3 n (4n^2 - 1). Do you think I've only dropped one mark there?

via-the-void
What a stupid question! Of course I was listening.... just, forgot it, that's all :p:

XD Because we listen on Friday lessons... after about one hour of pointless proofs/pictures of squares and parallelograms that don't make sense!
If you have a copy of the FP1 paper, could you tell me what the original quadratic equation was on Question 7? - The one about roots

x^2 +2kx +k = 0
Jing_jing
Thanks! Also, for question 2 (ii) I didn't fully factorise my answer and left it as 1/3 n (4n^2 - 1). Do you think I've only dropped one mark there?

yes
Reply 187
I've done better than I thought I did, though I dropped marks only in questions 2 and 3. How crap.
Mr M
yes

Hey Mr M! Did you catch my question at the beginning of page 9 of this thread? Thanks! :smile:
Reply 189
Mr M
x^2 +2kx +k = 0

If i ended up with k(x^2) - 4(k^2)x + 4(k^2) = 0
Will I still get any marks, as it is still the correct answer, but I just didn't divide throughout by k?
Reply 190
mr m i made one error after factorising the summations equation then whilst expanding the other brackets i made a silly mistake so my answer is wrong but up until then my method was right and i took 1/3 out. how many marks do u think i would lose?
Reply 191
StephS1
mr m i made one error after factorising the summations equation then whilst expanding the other brackets i made a silly mistake so my answer is wrong but up until then my method was right and i took 1/3 out. how many marks do u think i would lose?

I think you'd lose two :biggrin: - on previous mark schemes, you'd get marks, up to the point you realised you were supposed to factorise :biggrin:
Mr M
OCR (not OCR MEI) FP1 Answers June 2010

9 (i) a(a1)a(a-1) (3 marks)

(ii) (a) Inconsistent

(b) Consistent but no unique solution

(c) Consistent with unique solution

I wrote B as inconsistent, how many marks do you think I would lose for that? Also, how do you actually show that it was consistent?

Thankyou so much, you're awesome.
If i ended up with k(x^2) - 4(k^2)x + 4(k^2) = 0
Will I still get any marks, as it is still the correct answer, but I just didn't divide throughout by k?

Think you will probably get full marks - it doesn't say find the simplest quadratic equation of this type.
Edward Boyd
I wrote B as inconsistent, how many marks do you think I would lose for that? Also, how do you actually show that it was consistent?

Thankyou so much, you're awesome.

Have a look at page 16 on the OCR FP1 textbook.
snowman18992
Thanks a lot that is great! Two things:

For the shaded regeion where were we supposed to shade? I shaded inside the circle, between Re(z)=3 and Re(z)=6. Wasn't too sure on that!

And for the one marker on whether it converges, do you think I would get the mark for just saying that as n increases the result can get infinitely big/there is no limit on it's value?

Cheers!

Sorry didn't see this.

Shade right side of the line and the interior of the circle.
Mr M
Sorry didn't see this.

heyy sorryy..

for question 3.. could you have:

1/3n (n + 1/2) ( n- 1/2)

thanks
Mr M
(ii) 2 x 2 matrix top row -7 - 20 bottom row 11 -20 (4 marks)

(ii) Shade region (2 marks)

Monsieur M,
How many marks would I lose for the following errors:

1) Forgetting the minus sign in front of 7 in 2 part ii in the matrices question

2) 6 part ii, I only shaded in the fourth quadrant when I had to shade part of the first quadrant to the right of x=3

3) Question 7 I but x^2 + 4kx +4k (didn't put -4kx)

Merci Mr. M... I've told you this before, but once more won't hurt, you are a legend :smile:
Mr M
Sorry didn't see this.

So it fills the whole circle to the right of the line and doesn't stop at
Re(z)=6?

And to my answer on whether the series converges?
nikita_atikin
Monsieur M,
How many marks would I lose for the following errors:

1) Forgetting the minus sign in front of 7 in 2 part ii in the matrices question

2) 6 part ii, I only shaded in the fourth quadrant when I had to shade part of the first quadrant to the right of x=3

3) Question 7 I but x^2 + 4kx +4k (didn't put -4kx)

Merci Mr. M... I've told you this before, but once more won't hurt, you are a legend :smile:

1) drop one

2) drop one

3) drop one

you are welcome

Latest

Trending

Trending