The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

devonshir3
ohh dear, yeah i think your right for w. for the value of z surely you can have the -ve values also

No.. there was an argument constraint on z as well. Both real and imag had to be positive.
Reply 61
I thought that paper was ok, apparently i misread the 1st question which was induction? Could someone post that question if you remember it

for the final question, i got z = 2+1 and w = 2-1

for the converging question it was (n+1^(1/2)+n+2^(1/2))/2 - (1+2^1/2)/2; so as n approaches infinity; (n+1^(1/2)+n+2^(1/2))/2 would approach inifinity so it diverges.

For the matrix equation i got
a) Parallel, no solution, consistant
b) Same line, infinite solution, consistant
c) Inconsitant

For the polynomial i got x^2 -4kx + 4k = 0
Reply 62
Everyone in my year thought that paper was easy! DAMN!
Reply 63
for no reason
Yours is right :smile: Except we cancelled out the k. But you got the same equation. If we're right then you'll get all the marks too :biggrin:

Ahaha, I didn't spot that, I'm a fool :p: thanks
I0144
For the matrix equation i got
a) Parallel, no solution, consistant
b) Same line, infinite solution, consistant
c) Inconsitant

Huh? :| I don't comprendez.
Reply 65
nikita_atikin
Huh? :| I don't comprendez.

for a) i got something like z = 0 and z = 2, when i used a = a;
therefore the lines are parallel, so they do not intercept hence no solution

for b) i got something like -2x - 2y = 1 twice, so therefore the lines are the same, so there are infinite intercepts

for c) as i got a^2 - a; the for a singular matrix a = 0 or 1
as a = 2, theres a unique solution (consistant)

my bad i used wrong wording, inconsistant should of been cosistant and vice verse in my last post
How many marks was question worth? How many do you think I dropped by not writing the reasons and explanations?
Jing_jing
How many marks was question worth? How many do you think I dropped by not writing the reasons and explanations?

6 marks in total for the three different cases. And I'm not sure.
Jing_jing

I'd say half of the marks provided what you said for each part was right i.e. inconsistent/consistent etc. Really hope I get an A... the hopes seem to be fading now! :frown: Hopefully the boundaries are low!

EDIT: Where's Mr. M 0_o.... Monsieur M... wo ist vous?
nikita_atikin
I'd say half of the marks provided what you said for each part was right i.e. inconsistent/consistent etc. Really hope I get an A... the hopes seem to be fading now! :frown: Hopefully the boundaries are low!

Yes, the grade boundaries will be around 57 (that's what it was in Jan)

Revolution is my Name
6 marks in total for the three different cases. And I'm not sure.

Ah drat, that's 3 marks lost then D8
I0144

my bad i used wrong wording, inconsistant should of been cosistant and vice verse in my last post

Phew, I got a bit worried for a second there.
Reply 71
Grade boundary in Jan 2010 was 57 for an A - and that was probably easier wasn't it ?
nikita_atikin

EDIT: Where's Mr. M 0_o.... Monsieur M... wo ist vous?

Probably, y'know, at work :p:
Reply 73
what do you guys reckon the grade boundary will be?
Jing_jing
Yes, the grade boundaries will be around 54 (that's what it was in Jan)

Really? For January that is really low! I thought January was really easy! This ought to be lower because this was harder than that!
Reply 75
That consistent/inconsistent question only said 'determine', so you didn't need to give an explanation!
JAR12
That consistent/inconsistent question only said 'determine', so you didn't need to give an explanation!

REALLY! Please please please say this is true!
Reply 77
Could someone post question 1 they remember it please lol :biggrin:
nikita_atikin
Really? For January that is really low! I thought January was really easy! This ought to be lower because this was harder than that!

Yep, the exam boundaries for FP1 are always in the 50s so you can lose quite a lot of marks and still get an A.
I0144
Could someone post question 1 they remember it please lol :biggrin:

I *think* it was use induction to show that the sum of r(r+1) from 1 to n is n/3(n+1)(n+2).

Latest

Trending

Trending