The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I messed up the induction, the factorising, the roots of polynomial equation and got one of the 'consistent' things wrong. There goes my A pretty much. (Hoping that I get some method marks for the ones I got wrong!)

I swear that was the hardest FP1 paper i've ever done, yet everyone in my set said it was the easiest?

Damn.
Jing_jing
BBC XD My parents wanted to force me to go to Chinese Saturday School. I was seven and threw a huge hissy fit. Safe to say that they've not brought up the subject since. It would have been nice if they'd helped me with AS though <____<

Saturday school sounds horrendous, so well done you :biggrin: Did you have an oral exam? I was the last year on the old (easier) spec, so all I had to do for AS was reading and writing. But anyway I think we're getting somewhat distracted XD
Awww, no!!!!!!!!!!! :frown: *cries a bucket load of tears*
for no reason
Saturday school sounds horrendous, so well done you :biggrin: Did you have an oral exam? I was the last year on the old (easier) spec, so all I had to do for AS was reading and writing. But anyway I think we're getting somewhat distracted XD

Yeah, I didn't particularly want to spend my time reciting Chinese poems, which is what they seemed very fond of doing :rolleyes:
Ah lucky! I did my oral the the attentive ears of a tape recorder, but I panicked at the end and garbled <____< so meh, who knows what my mark is.

Dang nabbit, MS isn't going to be up for ages, ah well, I'll tidy my room in the meantime, it's LITTERED with paper from FP1 practice. I official have no more lined paper in the house because I've used it all up!
Reply 124
Rotation Pie/3 Clockwise for the rotation matrix?
threl
Rotation Pie/3 Clockwise for the rotation matrix?

I got this, only I wrote it in degrees instead. I think we can put it in both ^^
Reply 126
In struggled rearranging the summation question for some reason, spent ages on it! Didn't like the consistent/inconsistent stuff, probably dropped 3 marks there. Hoping just for an A now could of gone better, although I was really happy with C4.
I put anticlockwise rotation of -60 round centre (0,0) and clockwise rotation of 60 round centre (0,0). I put both of them. Will I be penalised or not? It is technically the same thing written in two different ways... :s-smilie:
Jing_jing
Yeah, I didn't particularly want to spend my time reciting Chinese poems, which is what they seemed very fond of doing :rolleyes:
Ah lucky! I did my oral the the attentive ears of a tape recorder, but I panicked at the end and garbled <____< so meh, who knows what my mark is.

Dang nabbit, MS isn't going to be up for ages, ah well, I'll tidy my room in the meantime, it's LITTERED with paper from FP1 practice. I official have no more lined paper in the house because I've used it all up!

Tell me about it, my room was littered with quote sheets for English lit. You'd think only the Chinese would make you recite poems...
nikita_atikin
I put anticlockwise rotation of -60 round centre (0,0) and clockwise rotation of 60 round centre (0,0). I put both of them. Will I be penalised or not? It is technically the same thing written in two different ways... :s-smilie:

Haha I doubt it very much :biggrin: I was tempted to do that as well xD
for no reason
Tell me about it, my room was littered with quote sheets for English lit. You'd think only the Chinese would make you recite poems...

:p: The final straw was when they set up a Chinese Poetry Reciting competition!
Yeah, my room is an absolute tip! My mother has given up on trying to tidy it for me when I'm out, and is now just shouting 'tidy your room' at me at regular intervals!
for no reason
Haha I doubt it very much I was tempted to do that as well xD

So you reckon it's going to be fine? I really hope because I thought, the matrix for rotations is only anticlockwise so I wasn't sure what it would be really... I put both hoping that I'll get at least 1 mark out of 2 :/
Reply 132
I completely cocked that up :frown: Resit next year :dry:
nikita_atikin
So you reckon it's going to be fine? I really hope because I thought, the matrix for rotations is only anticlockwise so I wasn't sure what it would be really... I put both hoping that I'll get at least 1 mark out of 2 :/

Yeah, I think what you did was fine :smile:
nikita_atikin
I said the second one was inconsistent... dayumm... :frown:

I said the second one was inconsistent as well, as I thought if the determinant of the matrix is 0, then there is no solution??

It was quite a good paper I thought, no really long questions which is always a good thing :yes:
What did people get for the summation in terms of n one?

I got 2/3n(2n-1)(n+0.5)

But I think I cocked up somewhere because it looks wrong.
Reply 136
Jeppasloth

I got 2/3n(2n-1)(n+0.5)

Yeah i spent ages on that one and couldn't factorise the last part, although i was expecting it to factorise into integers.
via-the-void
I said the second one was inconsistent as well, as I thought if the determinant of the matrix is 0, then there is no solution??

It was quite a good paper I thought, no really long questions which is always a good thing :yes:

Pfft, Helen, were you not listening during Locke's many many many hours of note dictating on it? Jokes, loves you really XD If detA = 0, then it's either inconsistent or has an infinite amount of solutions.
threl
Yeah i spent ages on that one and couldn't factorise the last part, although i was expecting it to factorise into integers.

Did you get 2/3n(n^2-0.5)?

Because thats what I got, I realised how to factorise when the guy said put your pens down. Managed to write that **** down though.
Jeppasloth

I got 2/3n(2n-1)(n+0.5)

I got n/3(2n-1)(2n+1) I think. And I think that's right because I fiddled around with the sum of the first few terms and it came to the same as that suggested by the formula.

Latest

Trending

Trending