The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ah yeah im looking forward to it - apprently Jans paper was really easy though (62/75 for an A!), so im gonna be ridiculously careful in every calculation just to be sure...
Reply 2
That wasn't too bad I didn't think. The only question I know i mucked up was the one where you had to factorise that long sigma thing with a 1/3n on the outside. Got that wrong :frown: But everything else was quite good! Glad I'd learn the transformation for matricies, so much quicker than working them out!!
I thought that was a really nice paper, actually. Did everyone else get Z=2+i and w=2-i?
I thought that was fair acually. And yup z= 2+i and w=2-i! woo... :biggrin:
Reply 5
Revolution is my Name
I thought that was a really nice paper, actually. Did everyone else get Z=2+i and w=2-i?

I agree, it wasn't as bad as I thought, and there wasn't any conjecture making (my worst nightmare) :p:

Yep, I got those values too ^^
Reply 6
nikita_atikin
I thought that was fair acually. And yup z= 2+i and w=2-i! woo... :biggrin:

YES!!!!!! :woo:
Jing_jing
I agree, it wasn't as bad as I thought, and there wasn't any conjecture making (my worst nightmare)

OMG SAME! I hate it! I scanned the paper looking for proof by induction and when I didn't see any u's I was like 'woop woop'! :biggrin:

I'm losing a mark though. The shading question of mod and arg, I shaded the right side but only the 4th quadrant and not the 1st. :frown:

EDIT: You had to shade in both the 1st and the 4th :frown:
Jing_jing
I agree, it wasn't as bad as I thought, and there wasn't any conjecture making (my worst nightmare) :p:

Indeed; that one you had to come up with for June 09 was absolutely hellish.
Reply 9
nikita_atikin
OMG SAME! I hate it! I scanned the paper looking for proof by induction and when I didn't see any u's I was like 'woop woop'! :biggrin:

I'm losing a mark though. The shading question of mod and arg, I shaded the right side but only the 4th quadrant and not the 1st. :frown:

EDIT: You had to shade in both the 1st and the 4th :frown:

XD I know! And if you can't make the right conjecture and the question asks you to prove it by induction, you're basically screwed!

Ah bad, luck, still it's only one mark :biggrin: I made a really stupid mistake when I did that question first time round, I put the centre at 3+4i, so I had to rub it all out :p:

Did you get it does converge or it doesn't converge? I've never understood convergent of series that aren't geometric.

Revolution is my Name

I know! That's what made me panic so much about making conjectures last night!
Reply 10
Very nice paper, i agree with the answers. I screwed up the induction, noticed literally 1 minute before the end of the exam.
I got confused with Some on a= but i think i have an A :biggrin:
Revolution is my Name

I know! I've done that paper at least 3 times and looked at the mark scheme at least 3 times, and I got it wrong every time. It has nothing to do with anything, that question. That was a hard paper though.

I thought this one was fair, not easy, but fair because the Jan 2010 was really pesh easy...

Reckon Mr. M is going to put the answers up soon?
Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low because the Jan exam boundaries was only 54 for an A and this exam was harder!
Reply 13
Well I think I done fairly well, not 100% sure on the argand stuff but aside from that it was quite nice! Now time to wait for Mr M's magic answers... :smile:
Jing_jing
Did you get it does converge or it doesn't converge? I've never understood convergent of series that aren't geometric.

I said it doesn't. Because I said something like one infinity times another infinity. :/ You know that equations question, consistent or not...

I chatted a whole load of bs for that :| I got the gist of what it was but I don't think my reasons were appropriate. I kept talking about the determinant and writing out the matrices of the equations.
nikita_atikin
I know! I've done that paper at least 3 times and looked at the mark scheme at least 3 times, and I got it wrong every time. It has nothing to do with anything, that question. That was a hard paper though.

I thought this one was fair, not easy, but fair because the Jan 2010 was really pesh easy...

Reckon Mr. M is going to put the answers up soon?

Hopefully.....
Mr M

:teeth:
Jing_jing

I put doesn't, because, as n tends to infinity, then the sum doesn't tend to a finite limit (it just gets larger and larger).
nikita_atikin
I said it doesn't. Because I said something like one infinity times another infinity. :/ You know that equations question, consistent or not...

I chatted a whole load of bs for that :| I got the gist of what it was but I don't think my reasons were appropriate. I kept talking about the determinant and writing out the matrices of the equations.

Oh god, I didn't give reasons! So that's a bunch of marks lost *facepalm* I'm such an idiot!

I said the first one was inconsistent
The second one was consistent but no unique solution
Third was was consistent with a unique solution

:biggrin: I said it didn't converge too, although my reason was pathetic, basically made up something along the lines of as n approaches infinity the sum approaches infinity <___<

Revolution is my Name
I put doesn't, because, as n tends to infinity, then the sum doesn't tend to a finite limit (it just gets larger and larger).

Oooh, brilliant! <3
Jing_jing
I said the first one was inconsistent
The second one was consistent but no unique solution
Third was was consistent with a unique solution

I said the second one was inconsistent... dayumm... :frown:
Reply 19
Personally, I thought June 09 was fine.

This exam though, was hellish. Probably ruined my chance of a good university placing.

Latest

Trending

Trending