The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hughesy100
i liked the paper too :smile:
quick question: i didnt notice that the answer booklet had some lines on the front and started writing ont he next page. will this matter ? :/

It shouldnt do mate, if your incredibly worried you might wanna mention it to the exam invigilator/subject head of department or contact the exam board yourself just to let them know, however im 100 percent sure it wont matter
hughesy100
thankyou so much :smile:
i really want to do well in history so its been playing on my mind a bit :/ haha :smile:

Haha yeah, that's exam panic for you. That was a really weird thing to do though, putting lines on the front :s-smilie:
hughesy100
i liked the paper too :smile:
quick question: i didnt notice that the answer booklet had some lines on the front and started writing ont he next page. will this matter ? :/

Noo I think it won't matter at all :smile: They'll just turn the page and start marking your answers there. They can't downgrade you for that :woo:
Holte Ender
Sounds like you did pretty well! Congrats :wink: ye i found it went pretty well too, we did the german study though which was alright, would have loved to have done russia instead tho. We went away for a week at easter, and i brought my history text book just incase i felt i had the willpower to do any revision, but spent me time reading the russian section lol! I have a few relatives comin' over from ireland this weekend for my sisters holy communion, so theres gonna be feck all studying going on, and a beast hangover on monday mornin :P

Haha thankyou :smile: Yeahh the Russia indepth study is actually really interesting, but we did our coursework on Germany :biggrin: I think it's really great that we get to study so many different aspects of History :smile: I'd love to take it on to degree level, that is.. if A level is as good as this! Ahaha :smile: Good luck with your exams :biggrin:
xoJessicaAnn
The start of next week is going to be so busy! I have Geography on the Monday, History on Tuesday and then Geography again on Thursday.. this is when you start to realise you shouldn't have taken double humanities :biggrin: Does anyone have any tips for revising for these exams over the weekend? It's OCR Geography B (Avery Hill) and OCR History Modern World Paper 2: Sources. :eek:

You think double's hard lol. Try triple (History, Geography and Philosophy and Ethics B) All next week : (
xoJessicaAnn
Haha thankyou :smile: Yeahh the Russia indepth study is actually really interesting, but we did our coursework on Germany :biggrin: I think it's really great that we get to study so many different aspects of History :smile: I'd love to take it on to degree level, that is.. if A level is as good as this! Ahaha :smile: Good luck with your exams :biggrin:

Ta very much! Im doing history at A level out of pure interest not really career prospects. Love the subject well the majority, how many more exams do you have or are these 3 your last?:smile:
Holte Ender
Ta very much! Im doing history at A level out of pure interest not really career prospects. Love the subject well the majority, how many more exams do you have or are these 3 your last?:smile:

I have Geography x 2, History, French x 2, Maths, Physics and Drama. :frown:
blingmonkeys
You think double's hard lol. Try triple (History, Geography and Philosophy and Ethics B) All next week : (

Ahh yeaah, I do AS RE early but luckily the exam was the Monday of this week! :smile:
Reply 28
Yeah I've got those, except my history exam is about Medicine through Time. xD
Reply 29
ur lucky
i have geog on monday, then have history AND re and then geog again :smile:
Reply 30
blingmonkeys

this.
I do Triple Humanities but my RS was the first exam I did.
Though, in my opinion, I've got a pretty bad start of the week, 2hr 15 of Geography on Monday morning then 2 hours of Additional Maths FSMQ on Tuesday morning and 1hr 45 of History on Tuesday afternoon. On the Thursday I've got my Latin Literature exam and then on Friday I've got Russian Reading and Listening. Not looking forward to next week at all.
Reply 32
Sparkzz
ur lucky
i have geog on monday, then have history AND re and then geog again :smile:

what do we have to revise for geography ??
Reply 33
I'm doing Geography & History too. Predicted an A* in both but concentrating on Geog because I'm worried about it tbh. How much and what has everyonme been revising for for Geography? :smile:
Reply 34
I don't know why I chose Geography, it's death!!! But a p*** easy subject. History owns! Does everyone have 2 Geography exams though? :|
Reply 35
Laura_2010
I'm doing Geography & History too. Predicted an A* in both but concentrating on Geog because I'm worried about it tbh. How much and what has everyonme been revising for for Geography? :smile:

Haven't even started. At least we only need to know facts though, whereas with History, there's much more thinking involved. :smile:
Reply 36
Not overly worried about the Geography exam, have yet to revise for any of our practice ones yet and have managed to consitently get A*'s and A's. 'cept one B/C when I had jet lag. In the mock I got an A despite not having looked over the resource booklet and not having covered all the opics yet. So reasonably confident but still revising.

History on the other hand is a diiferent matter entirely :P
Next week will be torture :/ I've got..

History sources paper.
Geography (both papers).
Additional maths.
Chemistry.
Physics.
German reading.

Seven exams D;

Geography, I'm not revising for. I'll dedicate Sunday to learning case-studies, but I do the Avery Hill spec. and the questions are no more difficult than map-reading and common sense.
Reply 38
I take triple humanities: sociology, history, geography + r.e but did that last year

This week i've got geography c (bristol project) on monday , ocr history paper 2 on medicine through time tuesday, german wednesday, day off, science on friday... bleh:s-smilie:

Geography isn't going to good, I know like two case studies...
Reply 39
yes, for the History paper just go over some basic dates and events and that should be fine!
its just source base questions after all^^;
i hope you'll be okay; i had business and economics exams on the same day and it bruised my fingers by so much! it hurt to write after those long exams =.=" had to use plasters to pad them lmao

Latest