Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
DancinBallerina
You's? . .lol Call me old, but that is a new one on me lol :tongue:

Congrats. on the degree result and job :smile:

sorry lol I wrote that the way I talk
sarahlousie
sorry lol I wrote that the way I talk

LoL I heard it once before on TV and haven't heard it since I saw you posted it . . plus I am ''old'' . . :tongue: - not with all the latest slang :tongue: lol.

booraad
Well, that really sucks. I didn't even know my results were up until yesterday evening. I'm stoked I got 76% for my dissertation. I remember looking sh!ttacular the day I handed it in from the lack from the lack of sleep.

WOW Congrats :smile: that's brill. I bet you're on cloud 9 . .I'd be like this :biggrin: :biggrin: for days lol. Did you do your dissertation last minute?? or were you all on time and etc with completion?/ Im sure you have mentioned it but I can't remember from the diss thread I started.
Reply 22
This thread gives me that sinking feeling you get when you just find out bad news. It shouldn't, as I'm a fresher :tongue:
Reply 23
I got my 2nd year results if that counts :p: Got two firsts, one 2.1 and a third.. bit disappointed, was in 68% for first year and the third really pulls me down - wish I'd have actually failed it tbh so I could do an uncapped resit! Oh well. Was expecting it to be a bad mark, I only answered 50 marks (out of 100) so in essence I did well on the questions I answered :p:!

Not sure of the numerical marks, they're not posted until end of July.
Reply 24
I get my provisional degree classification on 22nd June, not sure when we get the final one though! Very scary, good luck to everyone else waiting.
Reply 25
DancinBallerina

WOW Congrats :smile: that's brill. I bet you're on cloud 9 . .I'd be like this :biggrin: :biggrin: for days lol. Did you do your dissertation last minute?? or were you all on time and etc with completion?/ Im sure you have mentioned it but I can't remember from the diss thread I started.

I worked on it a lot during the early days then I felt pretty burnt out and ignored it while I focused on revision towards the end of March, then went back to it a week before the deadline (in April) and had a mad scramble at the end to get everything together. The date of hand-in involved me tripping over my feet to get to the Campus Office so I could hand in the nightmare that it became. Pretty happy about the mark - pulls everything up as it's worth 2 modules.

First and Second years take note - Work hard on your dissertation when you are in your Final year. It can be the make or break mark to get you past a classification threshold.
booraad
I worked on it a lot during the early days then I felt pretty burnt out and ignored it while I focused on revision towards the end of March, then went back to it a week before the deadline (in April) and had a mad scramble at the end to get everything together. The date of hand-in involved me tripping over my feet to get to the Campus Office so I could hand in the nightmare that it became. Pretty happy about the mark - pulls everything up as it's worth 2 modules.

First and Second years take note - Work hard on your dissertation when you are in your Final year. It can be the make or break mark to get you past a classification threshold.

Ahhh - it took me a while to get going. I only got moving on it @ xmas time and even then I still didn't really have a clue what the heck I was doing :/. I have chosen such a hard topic, wish I hadn't done it now but on the other hand it's still been pretty interesting and stood out a lot amongst everyone in my year group. I have 2 weeks to finish it and hand it in and hope and pray it gets a 'fab' mark **prays**. Random Q but how many refs. did you have in your diss altogether? . .

Ahh gotta agree with your 2nd point = 1st/2nd yrs defo work hard on the diss throughout the year - can make such a diff. A friend of mine constantly got 2:2s, the odd 2:1s in presentations . . her diss mark got 63, which has given her an average of 60% . . she graduates with a 2:1 . .
Reply 27
Got a 2.1 in biology. Over the moon but dunno what I'm gonna do next year. Will worry about it when I get back from travelling...
Reply 28
well done!
DancinBallerina

Ahh gotta agree with your 2nd point = 1st/2nd yrs defo work hard on the diss throughout the year - can make such a diff. A friend of mine constantly got 2:2s, the odd 2:1s in presentations . . her diss mark got 63, which has given her an average of 60% . . she graduates with a 2:1 . .

That has given me hope! I've got 50, 54 and 54 in essays this year which really depressed me, but maybe it'll all be ok :s-smilie:
There is already a thread for this...(don't get lost though :teehee:)
Reply 31
yoyo462001
There is already a thread for this...(don't get lost though :teehee:)

Seems this one was started first though..
Batch
Seems this one was started first though..

Nope Mk. XII (12)was started today, the first version was started back in September last year. Its just that when you get to 10,000 posts in one thread we have to start a new thread, see Mk XII as the 120,000+ posts in the thread. Here's the first.
I have no idea when my results are out... but they're only my second year results anyway. They still count toward the final though! :p:
Reply 34
I am still waiting my results and do not know when I will get them however my individual and group supervisors have both told me that they have marked my dissertations and I have scored well. Supposedly in the higher end, which is good.

I have a job lined up in California, USA for a company named Tier Motorsport, designing and creating a new type of motorcycle suspension as well as other components.

Well done to the people who have gotten their results. They all sound very good and the job prospects brilliant too. I am on for a 2:1.

Motorcycle Engineering Design I found very difficult especially considering that I had only got as far as a "C grade" in GSCE Math, have never studied physics at GSCE level either and was taught Engineering at Kingston University. So getting a 2:1 I will be very proud of.

Best of luck everyone and if anyone is from Kingston Uni, let me know if you know when the results will be out, thanks.

Kieran Rowe
Motorcycle Engineering Design BEng [Hons] :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending