The Student Room Group

SF not giving me what im supposed to get.

So student finance had down that i would get around £4,900 in loan and £100 grant. This has now change to £3,564 loan and it says my loan has been aprroved. WTF!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: My parent income gives me £4,900 loan but it has changed. I have applied for the maximum and don't get it. I need that money. Shall i just call them to see what the situation is??? :confused: If i have to do the whole thing again i will be pissed.
I hate student finance
Reply 1
There's a back log. For now, everyone is non-income assessed.
Reply 2
4900 loan? .. I assume your talking about tuition and maintenance together, because thats above the maximum.
Reply 3
Tommyjw
4900 loan? .. I assume your talking about tuition and maintenance together, because thats above the maximum.

nope 4,950 is maximum
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/Applyingforthefirsttime/DG_171542
Reply 4
Titch89
There's a back log. For now, everyone is non-income assessed.

ok so is everyones like this then?
Mine's the same, I got really confused. They say that it takes 7 weeks to process the financial evidence so it will take a while.
Reply 6
minimarshmallow
Mine's the same, I got really confused. They say that it takes 7 weeks to process the financial evidence so it will take a while.

They have proccesed and approved my financial evidence though. Im just going to wait for the deleration form and see what that says. If that is the sam thn i will call them.
Reply 7
mrk12a
They have proccesed and approved my financial evidence though. Im just going to wait for the deleration form and see what that says. If that is the sam thn i will call them.

They have done the same to me, saying no maintenance grants when I got everything last year. They already ave my evidence from last year and i sent them it again this yea rto ake it easier for them. they still mess it up, they sent me 2 notifacations saying im getting basic non income assessed amount. Its been like over 10 weeks and they have still not managed to process the evidence on file-sould i be worried?

Please do not tell e to call them, i can't afford a landline and it cost me over 10 quid on my mobile last time i phoned them :frown: they didn't give me any answers, just tried to tell me that they didnt have my evidence, as soon as i challenged the saying they have lots of copies of my evidence they hung up :mad:

Meh. Idiots :frown:
Reply 8
I am getting less than people who live at home on maximum.. I am in London, I will be going to Newcastle. On my application it clearly states that I will be living away from home every single term. My mom doesn't work. When she did work, her pay was so low I'd still be eligible for the maximum... I know this is non-income assessed right now.

Maintenance Loan Requested: Maximum = £3,564.00
Tuition Fee Loan "":Maximum = £3,290.00

I was planning to get a job even with my maximum loan granted because it's not enough. Now I have to wait for them to "assess" my mom's 25% council tax cut. If I don't get maximum or higher than people blaady living at home after that stressful trauma... lol. The way they behave whenever I did call just screams to me - trouble. If I end up only getting that amount... build me a time machine so I can amass money from jobs.

Latest

Trending

Trending