ReputationRep:
    Hopefully - LOW!
    C3 and C4 next week
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    who took s1 s2??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i took S2 slightly worried though, because apparently you needed 68 for an A this January !!! With regards to C4 , my teacehr said the grade boundaries tended to remain fairly constant throughout the years ( 80, 70, 60 % etc ) Don't know whether thats good or bad !!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    c1 was okay (went excellently for me), so maybe average.
    c2 was really easy (for most) so probably high raw marks.
    m1 was average (from what i hear on tsr, but was really tough for me)
    m2 was easier than expected (easier than m1 for me) so expect higher raw marks.
    c3 and c4: hoping for an easy paper WITH lower boundaries.

Edit:This is just a speculation, not a discussion of the actual (m2?) exams.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazda12)
    i took S2 slightly worried though, because apparently you needed 68 for an A this January !!! With regards to C4 , my teacehr said the grade boundaries tended to remain fairly constant throughout the years ( 80, 70, 60 % etc ) Don't know whether thats good or bad !!!
    68/75 for an 80 UMS?????..u serious?..wow thats highh..jan 2010 was easyy...but june wasnt far out aswell..was a decent paper..messed up a few questions thoo...hoping to ace c4!..lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by virjee786)
    68/75 for an 80 UMS?????..u serious?..wow thats highh..jan 2010 was easyy...but june wasnt far out aswell..was a decent paper..messed up a few questions thoo...hoping to ace c4!..lol

Haha, I know, when our teacher gave us the paper to do as a mock over study leave, I didnt think it was too bad , but the idea of 68/75 being only 80 Ums was slightly worrying...( so like 1 mark could cost 3 UMS :eek: )
    Yeah June wasnt too bad, I think the rectangle question has caused a bit of a stir !!! All sorts of numbers/answers/possible theories being thrown about on TSR , and amongst my friends ( fingers crossed please be 2/3 or please give me some credit for my working!!! ) :p:
    Ahhh C4 :/ I keep doing really silly things, and getting differentiation and integration confused !! One thing I'm worried about is having enough time, I ususally always finish quite early , but when I work through the past papers, I'm quite slow :o: I just hope its a fair paper !!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind some answers like:

Out of the 200 marks (100 for non and 100 for calculator)

A = ??
    B = ??
    C = ??
    D = ??
    E = ??
    F = ??
    G = ??
    U = ??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I know, when our teacher gave us the paper to do as a mock over study leave, I didnt think it was too bad , but the idea of 68/75 being only 80 Ums was slightly worrying...( so like 1 mark could cost 3 UMS :eek: )
    Yeah June wasnt too bad, I think the rectangle question has caused a bit of a stir !!! All sorts of numbers/answers/possible theories being thrown about on TSR , and amongst my friends ( fingers crossed please be 2/3 or please give me some credit for my working!!! ) :p:
    Ahhh C4 :/ I keep doing really silly things, and getting differentiation and integration confused !! One thing I'm worried about is having enough time, I ususally always finish quite early , but when I work through the past papers, I'm quite slow :o: I just hope its a fair paper !!!
    that sure is worryinggg..whew!..hopes of bagging an A are slim now..lol..c4 is my only bet..i need to get atleast 90 UMS..inorder to cover up for s1 n s2 blunders..lol..all said-maths remains the easiest subject to score an A..wat say?..do u take business?..or eco?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    that sure is worryinggg..whew!..hopes of bagging an A are slim now..lol..c4 is my only bet..i need to get atleast 90 UMS..inorder to cover up for s1 n s2 blunders..lol..all said-maths remains the easiest subject to score an A..wat say?..do u take business?..or eco?
    Ahhh I heard this years S1 was quite weird :/ Im in a similar position, I need to try and get 90ish UMS for an A*, me thinks it aint gonna happen, .... ooh, I do chem , phsyics and bio , so maths is probably the easiest to get an A in for me too, Ii take it your a future economist ? :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I heard this years S1 was quite weird :/ Im in a similar position, I need to try and get 90ish UMS for an A*, me thinks it aint gonna happen, .... ooh, I do chem , phsyics and bio , so maths is probably the easiest to get an A in for me too, Ii take it your a future economist ? :p:
    Haha..noooo..i take business eco math..i plan on doing Bachelor of Business...no eco..lol..lis..could i ask u for a favour?..do u knw anyone in ur school who takes Business edexcel at A2 level?..if yes..i need the Unit 4 Business guide...will u remember to ask?..lol..i need it urgently..id really appreciate if you cud ask around..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha..noooo..i take business eco math..i plan on doing Bachelor of Business...no eco..lol..lis..could i ask u for a favour?..do u knw anyone in ur school who takes Business edexcel at A2 level?..if yes..i need the Unit 4 Business guide...will u remember to ask?..lol..i need it urgently..id really appreciate if you cud ask around..
    Ahhh okies Yeah I have a friend at sixth form who does business studies, but she said they dont do edexcel I'll ask if some other people do, and If I find out, I will pm you :yep: Good luck with revision and exams and stuff !!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    pleasee..thanks alot!!!..good luck to you aswell!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrainKing)
    I wouldn't mind some answers like:

Out of the 200 marks (100 for non and 100 for calculator)

A = ??
    B = ??
    C = ??
    D = ??
    E = ??
    F = ??
    G = ??
    U = ??
    Oh, you mean GCSE Maths
    Most of us assumed you mean A level maths..

Just aim for 80 % - A, 70% B...
    it gets standardised based on difficulty

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 12, 2010
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.