The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i find it a bit freaky.. :s-smilie: i'm not offended though, don't really care what other people wear.

also.. i have a question about women who wear burka's that i've always wondered. in the picture on their passport do they have the full head gear on?.. how is that allowed, surely they don't? but at airports they never get asked to remove it at the check in desk. i'm confused.
Reply 21
In summer I think 'cor I'm wearing next to nothing and I wanna take this off, I wonder how she must be feeling' :frown:.
I don't care at all tbh.
Reply 23
"Are you on o2?" :holmes:
OceanSoul
To be honest, as a devout (well, as much as I could) Muslim, I think it is too extreme to wear a BURQA (not a hijab, I mean covering her face) - It's not even ordered in Islam to cover your face. If such women really feel the need to cover their face, they shouldn't be living in European countries.

care to explain the bold part?
And btw, are you saying its not part of Islam? (obligatory or voluntarily)
OceanSoul
To be honest, as a devout (well, as much as I could) Muslim, I think it is too extreme to wear a BURQA (not a hijab, I mean covering her face) - It's not even ordered in Islam to cover your face. If such women really feel the need to cover their face, they shouldn't be living in European countries.

She gets extra good deeds...
I pity them for being socially conditioned to accept a submissive practice under the guise of religion.
OceanSoul

Yay. A religious person I can agree with :smile: I agree with your sentiments.

See we can all be friends :smile:
Period.
gud for society, if all women were modest adultry and moral crimes wuld fall :smile:

yeh................................
Reply 29
Beware of the Ninja

Reply 30
I'm far less disturbed than when I talk to the 16 year old girl at work that's been pregnant twice and thinks it's funny that her ex boyfriend cried when she killed his baby.
I feel pity for someone so poor at adapting to their new country.
Reply 32
obviouslystudying
care to explain the bold part?
And btw, are you saying its not part of Islam? (obligatory or voluntarily)

Well, I'm religious. I do the daily prayers, fast. I like learning as much as possible about the prophets' lives, the way they lived and try to follow hadith, some certain rules as much as I could. And I base my future plans on what God would be happy with. No, I don't wear the hijab, and although I know what is right and wrong according to religious law, I'm not going to lie about not following all the rules. I believe we are expected to follow rules as much as we could - as they are for our best. But most importantly, it is important to have a good character and be beneficial to others. I hope to have a good connection with God and not be mislead. I think I summed it up for you.

No, it is not obligatory to cover your face in Islam. Prophet Muhammad only said it is important to cover your hair, chest and body - only leaving out the face, hands and feet. Extremism in EVERY WAY is bad.
Reply 33
'She should see a doctor'
Reply 34
I respect her for taken her religion seriously.
Reply 35
robbo3045
Yay. A religious person I can agree with :smile: I agree with your sentiments.

See we can all be friends :smile:

Sure :smile: We can all be friends.
Reply 36
If it's illegal for a woman to walk in the street completely naked from head to toe then is it really right for a woman to walk in the street covered from head to toe?

/rant over.

But I honestly don't mind :smile: People can wear what the want.
A small wave of islamaphobia overcomes me.
0201Bean
I respect her for taken her religion seriously.

zomg :smile: What about Bin Laden? He takes it pretty serious too right?
Reply 39
I post a letter.

Latest

Trending

Trending