Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Event Stewarding

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone does/or ever has done event stewarding at concerts/football matches etc? I've seen a job advertised, pays about £6p/h with £8p/h for event security stewards but just wondered if anyone had any experience good or bad?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you need a SIA certificate for doing event security? I wouldn't mind working as a security steward at a gig.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    My friend event stewards at Chelsea FC on matchdays.
    He didn't need any special quals etc and they train him on the job too and help him towards getting quals like that.
    Go for it

EDIT: If it requires anything special like SIA then it should say on the app, if not go for it. Best of luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm just guessing but pretty sure that event security would require the sia certificate. Event stewards on the other hand I think get first aid training with inductions etc but no need for the sia badge
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afro_Enthusiast)
    Just wondering if anyone does/or ever has done event stewarding at concerts/football matches etc? I've seen a job advertised, pays about £6p/h with £8p/h for event security stewards but just wondered if anyone had any experience good or bad?
    Where can I find a stewarding job ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Two companies I know of that are recruiting, albeit in Scotland, are G4s and Securigroup!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Been doing this work for 5 years now all over the UK, both with and without my SIA badges (Door, CCTV and Close Protection), and recommend it. PM me if you want to know more about a certain company; I have had good and bad experiences.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayberay)
    My friend event stewards at Chelsea FC on matchdays.
    He didn't need any special quals etc and they train him on the job too and help him towards getting quals like that.
    Go for it

EDIT: If it requires anything special like SIA then it should say on the app, if not go for it. Best of luck
    Can you ask how your friend got the vacancy at chelsea FC as I would very much like to apply for the job

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who does it. She had no experience so I assume they trained her themselves. She doesn't get much work, particularly in winter, but she seems to enjoy it well enough.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    G4S have a lot of stuff in many cities.

http://www.gumtree.com/search?q=g4s&...ch_scope=title
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have done some event Stewarding during the Olympics and have worked at other venues including Wembley Stadium, Charlton Athletic FC (The Valley), Notting Hill Cannival. I have a Level 2 qualification in Stewarding at Spectators Events. I also have SIA Security Licence (Guarding), with Retail and Corporate security experience. I am interested about the vacancy and will like to know more.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdalol)
    Do you need a SIA certificate for doing event security? I wouldn't mind working as a security steward at a gig.
    Yeah, Preferably the Door Supervisor one since most work is in licensed venues (Sells booze)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 21, 2013
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.