The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
I did Sustainable Development as a third module this last semester (I'm a Geog/Geoscience student) and really enjoyed it ^^ Classes are BIG - ours rocketed from 200 to 300 in a few days causing the department to fall apart for a few days, but it is such a varied course that nearly everyone I know who did it enjoyed it.

The basic structure is that you have different sections from different Uni departments. That means there's a bit of Geog, IR, Biology, Chemistry, History (>.< Really hated the history part, but it's one of the first so you can just ignore it :P), Economics, and a section which is officially just Interdisciplinary. You do two assignments over the semester - one long and one short - in the subjects which you pick. Beware that sign-ups go insanely fast so if you're picky about what one you want to do then be prepared to get up early to choose it! I didn't do that, and ended up not with my ideal (Geog) but with Econ and Chem instead. It was actually really good because it made those subjects a lot easier to revise for the final exam so if you're comfortable with it I'd recommend doing that!

Also be aware that it only runs (in first year) in the SECOND semester, meaning you'll have to have a different third module choice in your first semester. I did Social Anthropology myself, but you can't take SD in first semester.

Can't think of what else to say, but if you have any questions just ask ^^
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Latest

Trending

Trending