The Student Room Group

AQA Core 4 - 15 June 2010

Scroll to see replies

I think the maths A* grade is reaaallly annoying.....because even if we average 90% overall in all the modules....but don't get it in c3 and 4 we wouldn't get the A*......

....I just feel like I have worked really hard for this exam for nothing. 'cause I only needed 17 UMS in C4 to get an A overall anyway so I could have just done minimal revision and still got the same overall.... :/ ......just annoyed that this paper didn't go well!.
Reply 281
shabu
I feel your pain! looks like everyone found it alright, we just have to hope for the best i guess, grim as it sounds. Was really hoping to do well to get an A!

:s-smilie:

Do you think AQA will do anything to the grade boundaries?

:frown:

How did you find C3 and your other module?
Does anyone have the paper?
amouramour
I think the maths A* grade is reaaallly annoying.....because even if we average 90% overall in all the modules....but don't get it in c3 and 4 we wouldn't get the A*......

....I just feel like I have worked really hard for this exam for nothing. 'cause I only needed 17 UMS in C4 to get an A overall anyway so I could have just done minimal revision and still got the same overall.... :/ ......just annoyed that this paper didn't go well!.

I understand what you're saying but they do have to make the A* hard to get otherwise lots of people will just be getting A*s.

Also C3 and C4 are the only actual A2 modules for the whole maths a level..so the 90+ average in those seems fair.
overclocked
I understand what you're saying but they do have to make the A* hard to get otherwise lots of people will just be getting A*s.

Also C3 and C4 are the only actual A2 modules for the whole maths a level..so the 90+ average in those seems fair.

Yeaah I guess so :/ it's just a bit annoying for me, as I had the potential to get that, and was getting 90+ on past papers, I just always seem to do worse in exam conditions, 'cause I get nervous! :s-smilie:
amouramour
Yeaah I guess so :/ it's just a bit annoying for me, as I had the potential to get that, and was getting 90+ on past papers, I just always seem to do worse in exam conditions, 'cause I get nervous! :s-smilie:

I was so nervous about this I was checking my details on the front of the paper to make sure I hadn't misspelled anything in my nervousness. I didn't feel confident about C4, but I think it went a lot better than any of my past papers. I think it must have just 'clicked' in the exam - lucky for me :rolleyes:

I'm going for the A* as well. That's why I resat 88% on C3, much to the dismay of the rest of my class who mainly got Ds and Cs. My school's in a pilot scheme with AQA that puts C3/C4 in the same 2.5 hour exam which I had on Thursday - which was an absolutely awful paper.

But hopefully I've done enough for my A*. It'll look good to my B and C (I reckon) :yep:
Wednesday Bass
I was so nervous about this I was checking my details on the front of the paper to make sure I hadn't misspelled anything in my nervousness. I didn't feel confident about C4, but I think it went a lot better than any of my past papers. I think it must have just 'clicked' in the exam - lucky for me :rolleyes:

I'm going for the A* as well. That's why I resat 88% on C3, much to the dismay of the rest of my class who mainly got Ds and Cs. My school's in a pilot scheme with AQA that puts C3/C4 in the same 2.5 hour exam which I had on Thursday - which was an absolutely awful paper.

But hopefully I've done enough for my A*. It'll look good to my B and C (I reckon) :yep:

haha I do that too :smile:
yeaah lucky you!! :smile: I also resat C3 with 85 to try and get 90+ but I'm thinking I may have wasted my time now....I'll just have to see :s-smilie: good luck with your results :smile:
I'm sorry to bump this two month old thread. But I just have to say, I got 100% in this paper. Absolutely ecstatic! :woo:
Reply 288
Wednesday Bass
I'm sorry to bump this two month old thread. But I just have to say, I got 100% in this paper. Absolutely ecstatic!

I got 86UMS, messed up the vector question completely. Congratulations, anyway :biggrin:
Weeman5872
I got 86UMS, messed up the vector question completely. Congratulations, anyway :biggrin:

Thanks, I couldn't believe it! I thought I'd maybe just scrape my A*, but I got it with marks to spare!
Got me A* in maths :smile: 100 in C3, only 84 in this but I knew it didn't go amazingly!
Well done everyone!
Reply 291
A* aswell for me, couldn't believe it when I saw it, 95 in C4 & 88 C3
I need C3 june pastpaper 2010
Where can i get it?
Original post by Maria1234
I need C3 june pastpaper 2010
Where can i get it?

The most recent past papers usually come online on the AQA website about a month before the exam IIRC.
Original post by Wednesday Bass
The most recent past papers usually come online on the AQA website about a month before the exam IIRC.

IIRC?
June 2010 is not on the websiteL(
Original post by Maria1234
IIRC?
June 2010 is not on the websiteL(

"If I remember correctly"

If it's not up now, it could be a couple of weeks yet. Or you could try speaking to some of your teachers. If they're anything like mine were they'll keep a copy of the question paper. I never had this trouble because of it - the teachers kept all of the past papers and photocopied them into one bundle per exam and handed them out as revision material.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending