The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 1
Sandyra
Just trying to hunt people out who like techno, or similar music to go out with!

Well i like Techno! Went to Ibiza this summer and in to all that
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
sidude
Well i like Techno! Went to Ibiza this summer and in to all that

cool did they have a lot of techno there this year? when I worked there it was all progressive house n trance n ****, just cocoon was on at amnesia which was good. the year after though got in free to space to see umek, dj rush, marco bailey and some others it was wicked. Where are you from?
Reply 3
i've got the gatecrasher classics cds in my car at the moment if that counts.
Reply 4
basically wondering if I can find people to go to some of the techno nights in brum from Birmingham Uni, things like House of God
im in ibiza right now knackered in an internet cafe! didnt get in till 8am this morning zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Reply 6
I Love Techno And Went To Ibiza This Summer As Well....sounds Like We Have Something In Common...
Reply 7
If your looking for a good trance night then I would definatley recommed going to 'air' near Digbeth! Tickets are usually around £18 which is v pricey but sooo worth it! Has the best djs and a number of rooms to suit any taste. Most nights are gods kitchen so go to their website for a list of whats going on in september and click on the air button! Have fun!
Reply 8
not techno, but it appears that n-trance are performing at one of the freshers nights.
Reply 9
jdhughes57
If your looking for a good trance night then I would definatley recommed going to 'air' near Digbeth! Tickets are usually around £18 which is v pricey but sooo worth it! Has the best djs and a number of rooms to suit any taste. Most nights are gods kitchen so go to their website for a list of whats going on in september and click on the air button! Have fun!

I've never been to air, but when it was code It was a pokey crowded little club where you end up queuing for hours to get through into other rooms. Ait still on the same site I think they have just made 2 floors out of the original main arena if im right. Not my cup of tea. Have you ever been to the Sanctuary in Digbeth, or the CUstard Factory? Either of these do a really good trance, techno, drum n bass nights, thelot. Also there is subway city past snow hill.
Reply 10
Yeah, I love techno/trance, all that stuff, I'm even a producer myself!
Looking forward to some good nights out in Bham! :smile:
Reply 11
I'm into more trance than Techno. I went to Ibiza mid july. When did everyone who went go? What did they see? The main two I went to were Cream Amnesia and Judgement Sundays (when ferry corsten, agneli and Nelson was there!) and Tidy vs Euphoria.
Reply 12
xcolx
Yeah, I love techno/trance, all that stuff, I'm even a producer myself!
Looking forward to some good nights out in Bham! :smile:

nice one! what sort of stuff do you usually produce? Would like to hear some of it
Reply 13
Sandyra
nice one! what sort of stuff do you usually produce? Would like to hear some of it

Well...feel free!

Coldplay - Fix You (Strachan Remix)
^ This is my remix of the new Coldplay single; it's probably a bit trancey and soft for you, but it's the thing I've got most recognition for so far. It's been played in clubs and on the radio by DJs in Australia and New Zealand, as well as in this country.

Fatal Omission - She Loves The Banter
^ This is something a bit harder, and more original and...quite weird really; it's an acquired taste, but it's probably the most "techno" thing I've done so far.

There's more on my site ( http://www.strachanmusic.com ). I'm not a pro or anything, it's just a hobby at the moment...but who knows. :smile:
Reply 14
that coldplay remix is pretty decent! doesn't sound ameteur or hobby-like at all (i.e. unlike the 90% of remixes which sound like mistimed acapellas being played over fruity loop synths). the other track is good too but i don't know the original so i can't say that much about. certain layers of it remind me a tiiiny bit of leftfield though.
Reply 15
silence
the other track is good too but i don't know the original so i can't say that much about. certain layers of it remind me a tiiiny bit of leftfield though.

That is the original! I composed that one myself, was in a strange mood at the time...something about how girls like getting the piss taken out of them.
Cheers though! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending