The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
It's not hard. I passed recently in one go using the highway code book and the driving theory test CD.
Original post by aaiesha
hi im doing driving lesson but did practice test past twice on practice but when going to hazard test I fail how can I learn better what are the correct hazards thanks to anyone that replys

Look for anything that may be happening infront of you, such as someone indicating to come into your lane or a pedestrian crossing infront of you/about to enter the road. Also work on your timing of your clicks :smile:
Its piss
Reply 43
Pls how did u do it. My theory test is booked for the 20th I hvt started any thing on hazard perception
A very old thread :s-smilie:

Original post by pearl006
Pls how did u do it. My theory test is booked for the 20th I hvt started any thing on hazard perception

I had a disk which had mock HPs on it. Very helpful wouldn't have passed without it. But I did do mock ones from 4 weeks before my theory.

I passed first time. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
2/10, if you know your stuff like me its just common sense!
I can't remember about the car test as I did that about six years ago, but I passed my LGV theory test the other day pretty easily. For the LGV both Hazard Perception and Multiple choice are marked out of a hundred, so considerably more information to remember, especially in terms of the regulations and laws regarding lorries versus cars. There's also a fairly easy case study section which I believe has been or is being introduced to the car test too. I managed 80/100 for Hazard Perception, 43/50 for the CPC Case Study section, and 94/100 on Multiple Choice. Just do some revision on the various sections and you'll be fine.
Reply 47
I had been practising for ages! Doing questions and reading the Highway Code. Sat my first test today and failed. Failed multiple choice by a few marks and passed hazard perception (got 55 marks on that) really annoyed at myself... Can you please send links to really good sites or books etc which would help me pass second time? Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stepherz
I had been practising for ages! Doing questions and reading the Highway Code. Sat my first test today and failed. Failed multiple choice by a few marks and passed hazard perception (got 55 marks on that) really annoyed at myself... Can you please send links to really good sites or books etc which would help me pass second time? Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used "The Official DSA Theory Test for Drivers of Large Vehicles" test book for my LGV theory tests. Lots of questions repeated in different ways, but hundreds of questions in total. Well worth the money for the relevant car test version, you could probably get it second hand on eBay for not too much money.
Reply 49
1 - dead easy.

I even passed it twice within the same month :biggrin:
Reply 50
For me it was really easy;
Scale was 8/10
1month revising
And first week ;1hr a day
2nd/3rd; no revising(I gave up)
And 4th week;2hrs day before test

iTheory app on iphone
iHarzard app (same people as iTheory)
Recommend has some great things to help you really easy! And it's FREE !
Passed 1st time-45/50 on exm 53/75 hazard peception
Original post by Nuffles
I used "The Official DSA Theory Test for Drivers of Large Vehicles" test book for my LGV theory tests. Lots of questions repeated in different ways, but hundreds of questions in total. Well worth the money for the relevant car test version, you could probably get it second hand on eBay for not too much money.

Received mine today. Trying for a PCV

Posted from TSR Mobile
I failed the first time round on the questions bit by 1 mark the hazard bit is easy, everytime you see your car slowing down just click, download thery test app on your mobile, for quick question answering
i baught the theory and hazard perceptions cd's 2011 edition and even now its useful, read all of the content done all the quiz questions and done maybe 200-300 random mock theory tests. When i went to sit the test the questions were rather easy, if u revised 1hour a day for lets say 2-3 weeks, you will know the answers by heart, so i passed with 48 correct answers out of 50. For hazard perception, thats childs play, all you do is concentrate and focus on the surroundings as the clip goes, and anything that pops out or makes a sudden movement just click, click even if its not the right one, and im sure one of those clicks will score u some points. good luck to everyone i passed first time easy hope u will too.
(edited 9 years ago)
oh and i scored 71/75 on hazard perception. revised for 20mins on test day lol seriuosly dont smoke any reefa before the test do it after :biggrin:
I mainly used apps on my phone and tablet and passed my theory first time.

Didn't even touch the theory book. But used dvds and the highway code in addition to apps. I wouldn't say it's difficult because its very much about taking an educated guess since it is multiple choice, in the event of not knowing the answer.

The hardest part is understanding the application of hazard perception from the video. You may see the hazard late but ultimately it's about developing hazards which put you at risk.

Mock and practice tests are gold dust too. there are only so many questions they can give as practice and 'exclude' from the actual test!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
How come there are no cursors? do you just click anywhere when you see a hazard?
Original post by FLish
How come there are no cursors? do you just click anywhere when you see a hazard?

It's based on the timing not location of the hazard.
Hi
I'm taking my test in couple of weeks, I'm scarred I don't know if I've done engough, I keep ailing the online theory test,,, do u think I'm just nervous ??

Latest

Trending

Trending