The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

There are make up made with natural ingredients but depends what you look like and if your features fit your face and if you have clear skin you don't have to worry.

Guys can't really tell if a girl is wearing make up or not. They might notice if she has a lot but they won't notice natural looking make up which the majority of girls wear.
Reply 2
Well to be honest the gut should like you for you whether you have makeup on or not, but if you feel more comfortable with it on around them add abit on but not too much as most boys may not like girls or slap the stuff on. But put this into account that its nice to look naturall because for me i only put makeup on when im going out with mates, and i dont put much on, only eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner and blusher, but i put it on so it looks natural and i dont cape myself in it because its very uncomfortable. If you want to be recognised a bit more why dont you do a different style with your hair because sometimes works for me, but ont do it too wacky or your look ridiculous.:wink:
Without (boys AND girls- vanity is not just female territory)- it's a mask. Plus it disgusts me, it comes off on your sleeve, horrible peach smears on your white top, and lipstick on teeth is a bit yuck too. But eyeliner and stuff is okay, that's only a bit.
Reply 4
I prefer my gf with make up on. I obviously would never say this to her, but it makes her skin look a lot better.
i doubt theyll look at u and be like "shes not wearing makeup!!" would only do this if u usually wear it and suddenly dont... people are so shocked when they see me without it lol. but yeh i kno some people that never wear it so they just look normal.
Reply 6
It depends if she's actually that good looking or not. I don't mind my girlfriend either way, she's stunning with or without it, so it's about the way she prefers herself (which is with makeup on). I think most boys dont care too much.
Lol i think makeup (unless absolutely minimal) makes me look worse.
Reply 8
You don't get a nasty surprise in the morning if she doesn't wear make-up :biggrin:

I normally can't be bothered anyway, here and there if I have time/there's an occasion. I feel better about having a boyfriend who generally doesn't only see me with make up etc. I don't have to live up to it everyday, I can roll out of bed, get a wash and i'm already sorted for the day.

I doubt there's a specific preference, probably just based on what looks good on a particular girl.
Reply 9
no preference really, well obviously not caked in the stuff which is disgusting but different girls suit different amounts and types and colours so depends on the individual i guess
Reply 10
with i guess, unless they're like orange or they've got wayyy too much urghhhh
None, or very little.
A girl with natural beauty is better than a girl that is fake, that's my take on it anyway. I just find that girls that are obsessed with make up to be shallow in the same vein that guys that are obsessed with 'working out' to also be shallow.

There's a limit to everything.
Without usually. Although a small amount is okay just to brighten up her face a bit.
I'm gonna go without as most girls completely fail at using makeup, use too much and look like daft clowns.
Reply 15
I prefer without.

:smile:
Reply 16
I'd assume that generally guys prefer a girl with a bit o' makeup on. Although like others have said, not when they cake it on and look like clowns.
It depends. Some girls have good complexions and need little make up. I have a friend who is quarter Arabian and she is very good looking in a completely natural way, she needs little or no make up to look nice, but she does look after herself very well. This is the other thing, I know of a lot of girls who wear make up because of bad skin but when I ask them about their diets they are terrible and can't be arsed to change them, they just slap on some more make up to cover up their blotchy face, these are girls I tend to avoid as you can tell when they are wearing just too much and in the morning you get a shock when you realise they don't look nowhere near as nice without it. Its not something you can really generalise, I can't say 'no make up' because then people with pale skin look very pasty.
I prefer little/no makeup on a day to day basis (though more is fine when going out, as long as it's well done), but obviously not everyone can look good like that.
Little to none of course.

Latest

Trending

Trending