The Student Room Group

Cracked glans

So yeah, for a long time (a few years) the glans (or head if you prefer) of my penis has had a 'cracked skin' appearance to it - like, loads of little lines run down it, though it's mostly on the bottom half. And no, I have never had sex so the chances of me having somesort of infection are pretty slim.

First of all, yes, I have visited my GP. She said it was totally normal. I never saw that doctor again out of embarrassment. Though I have a feeling she couldn't see because it wasn't errect (when it expands you can see the cracked texture better).

I know the penis consists of tissue that doesn't really like to regrow itself... any chance that over time the skin on the glans will 'smoothen up'? Though going by the fact it's been like this for a long time makes me think it won't.
Reply 1
It's norm-...

Anonymous
First of all, yes, I have visited my GP. She said it was totally normal.

Waitaminute, why the **** have you made this thread then? :colonhash:
Reply 2
ozzyoscy
It's norm-...

It is? :/

Ugh.. oh god, google image search for penis isn't nice. But yeah, if I'm right shouldn't the head of the penis be nice and smooth? Not all cracked/wrinkled :|
Reply 3
Anonymous

Ugh.. oh god, google image search for penis isn't nice. But yeah, if I'm right shouldn't the head of the penis be nice and smooth? Not all cracked/wrinkled :|

I have a penis, y'know. :colonhash:
Anonymous

Are you circumcised?
Reply 5
HARRY PUTAH
Are you circumcised?

Nope.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with some of the crazy experiments I did when I discovered masturbation. I recall putting various bathroom products on my penis when I was like 13...

... Or maybe I just masturbated too much.
Reply 6
Anonymous
Nope.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with some of the crazy experiments I did when I discovered masturbation. I recall putting various bathroom products on my penis when I was like 13...

There's only so far wrong you can go dusting you knob with talcum powder and trying out your mum's conditioners on it.

Unless you graduated to bleach.
Anonymous
Nope.

I have heard of penile scarring, which is caused by numerous things and it makes some operations except circumcission unavailable because of some other things.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 8
Try bio-oil perhaps? It's meant to be really good for skin, so might help tissue recovery.
Dunno if ypu sorted this out, but for anyone else it seems like keritanisation which is basically drying out. Look it up for more info but using coconut oil helps and there are some strips out there too.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
So yeah, for a long time (a few years) the glans (or head if you prefer) of my penis has had a 'cracked skin' appearance to it - like, loads of little lines run down it, though it's mostly on the bottom half. And no, I have never had sex so the chances of me having somesort of infection are pretty slim.

First of all, yes, I have visited my GP. She said it was totally normal. I never saw that doctor again out of embarrassment. Though I have a feeling she couldn't see because it wasn't errect (when it expands you can see the cracked texture better).

I know the penis consists of tissue that doesn't really like to regrow itself... any chance that over time the skin on the glans will 'smoothen up'? Though going by the fact it's been like this for a long time makes me think it won't.

Read a lot of similar posts because I have found the same symptoms on my part :wink:

Went to a Urologist last week and can give you guys some good news.
It basically is the result of dryness over long periods of time.
That happens and is nothing to worry about.

Use some hydrating creme like Panthenol from Ratiopharm or similar cremes.
To find the creme that works best for you, it simply a matter of trying out and seeing what works best for you.

Put it on every day and clean your piece 1-2 a day with sensitive lotion.
Try to avoid strong soaps as they will dry out your penis and thus counteract the creme.
It will take a long time until your skin will have recovered but as I was told it is not of concern.
No restriction to your sex life or whatever. Just keep it moisturised.

Here a short description of my symptoms, just so you feel asured that my results apply to you too.
- I had like small grooves, ridges, cracks (or whatever you want to call it) over most of my glans.
- Some kind of small spots under the skin that where slightly visible after any kind of action :wink:
- Didnt cause any pain
Can i use vaseline

Quick Reply

Latest