The Student Room Group
copious use of va va voom can only ever go well.
Reply 2
Mmmm not too sure about idioms, but if you include lots of 'Je pense que' 'je crois que' 'je dirais que' etc you'll get marks for personal engagement? :p:
do you have to write like a factual essay or what? I didn't do the writing paper at GCSE (that's why I don't know) but I know a bunch of idiomatic essay phrases for factual essays from A2...
Reply 4
lookingoutofthewindow
do you have to write like a factual essay or what? I didn't do the writing paper at GCSE (that's why I don't know) but I know a bunch of idiomatic essay phrases for factual essays from A2...

Oooh, please share! :biggrin:
Reply 5
lookingoutofthewindow

no its more a writing piece about say, a holiday, in the form of a pen letter. actually ,thinking about it im not too sure if idiom is the right word. something like 'C'est dommage!' or something? :smile:
Reply 6
Hmm, I know they say things like "money out of the window" instead of down the drain.
Reply 7
Mizikei
Hmm, I know they say things like "money out of the window" instead of down the drain.

Jeter de l'argent par la/les fenêtre(s) :yep:
Reply 8
This is for GCSE I'm guessing?

Off the top of my head:
To be over the moon - Etre aux anges
To rain a lot - Pleuvoir les cordes
To lend a hand - Donner un coup de main
Etc.

Hope this helps :smile:
la petite mort :sexface:
Reply 10
paddy__power
la petite mort :sexface:

Hahaha... ou non!
Leahcar
Hahaha... ou non!

:wink: You love it.
Reply 12
paddy__power
:wink: You love it.

Of course I do :wink:
Leahcar
Of course I do :wink:

Aye, I know what you almost Belfast girls are like :p:
Reply 14
paddy__power
Aye, I know what you almost Belfast girls are like :p:

Hahaha :p:
Leahcar
Hahaha :p:

Indeed. :wink:
This document contains a number of French essay phrases- not so much for GCSE (sorry!) but very useful for A Level.
http://www.realfrench.net/pdf/essay.pdf

Latest

Trending

Trending