The Student Room Group

OCR GEOG SDME exam 14th june.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
does anyone know what fetch is ?? My exam tomorrow and im starting to panic!
Reply 21
Does anyone know how to apply the idea of sustainability into the last answer. If I choose to down size the production, how would I put the idea of sustainability in it ? Or any other option ie. do nothing, close the plant down or keep production level the same?

Thnanks :smile:
Reply 22
urm i think.. to apply the idea of sustainability into the last answer you just need to say, what will benefit people without harming the environment or future possibilities. for example you could say shutting it down, would have benefits such as less environment pollution however would not be very sustainable due to unemployment levels increasing and the economy decreasing.
Keeping the production level the same would be beneficial as it keeps employment levels up however if sales are not doing well due to things such as a recession then it is not a very sustainable option because the MNC will be losing money, meaning they will be paying out more than they bring in, and will most likely end up in debt and having to re-locate for cheaper options or just shut down all together. if that makes any sense at all?

sorry if it doesn't! but i think that is the sort of thing we will need to put in :smile:
GOOD LUCK!
Reply 23
Thank you very much for your help. I understand the concept now but seems to me that I have to write a lot in the exam because in some of the mock papers from other school, each question they provide at least half a page for the answer and I feel like I will run out of time... but thank you for your help anyway, it was very helpful.

Good luck to you tomorrow and dont forget to comment back on how you do!:P
Reply 24
so how did you guys do on the exam this morning?? for the section c i got really confused :frown: cuz i'v been doing mock papers where i have to decide for the company... but this time it asks me to decide for the government :frown: wasnt expecting that... so i had hardly any points to say lol and i forgot to include sustainability in my answer :s-smilie: :frown: hope it turns out okay...
Reply 25
I'm doing the same exam tomorrow our teacher has gone loads through it but I'm still panicking. Just remember to use the sources they tell you to use, put it in your own words and link it to Happisburh and you should be ok. Also put in alot of terminology and explain it in te exam answer (treat the examiner like an idiot). This is the top tips our teacher has given us
Best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending