39.55%
    Poor
    11.19%
    Awful
    2.24%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone think?

I enjoyed it alot actually, though I'm a bit confused about the headbutting. has he always been able to do that?
    EDIt: Is this the 10th?...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think this episode might be one of my favourites :awesome: I love seeing the Doctor trying and failing to be human!

And the headbutting is new.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The episode was enjoyable. No idea about the headbutting, but he could let people see inside his head if he pressed it to theirs or something... Could be making that up.

That sneak preview of next week's episode was just fail >.>
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Was better than I expected, I thought it was quite good. Not the best but better than a lot of episodes this series.

I assume the two points that should never have met was Amy finding the ring?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I thought the preview was a bit spoilerific.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The headbutting thing is like What spock can do in star trek share his thoughts.

No a bad episode, the football part was un needed IMO just seems like they threw it in because of the world cup

The finale looks awesome like the whole budget has gone into episode 12+13 as alot of episodes in this series have been set in england and not on exotic planets/ locations
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was a 'good' episode. The headbutting I did not like, thought it was childish, and I thought that the Doctor could have used the more intimate technique of putting his hands on the head, like the Girl in the Fireplace. The fact that someone can instantly understand the Doctor's mind and history without their head exploding is beyond me, especially some bum like James Cordon.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is the guy who played Craig from something else? I swear I've seen him before.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I liked it, but the episodes haven't been that amazing, kinda forgettable. Matt Smith is a good actor but I don't think the storylines have given him enough scope.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liaxx)
    Is the guy who played Craig from something else? I swear I've seen him before.
    yeahhhh, James Corden! from Gavin and Stacey.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was decent enough. It's not really meant to be epic but it was good and Corden was alright which says alot about all the Corden critics who wrote the episode off before even watching it.

The ending was slightly predictable but decent and the Amy thing definitely explains something in the Flesh and Stone episode.

I was going to post some more but I've forgotten all I was going to say, which is a shame.

Oh yes, the whole point of the previews is to be spoilerific, so just turn off the tv before it's on.

Oh and Matt Smith is brillaint. I mean Tennant who?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not usually a footy fan - but I enjoyed THAT match!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was rather good too, much better than last week's episode, when Craig ogled at the photo of his lover (can't remember her name) on the fridge you could also see a leaflet for a Van Gogh gallery which made me smile.

I was wondering, how was The Doctor given the ear piece and does anybody know the purpose of the 9s and the 5s on the screen? Seemed like a waste of time to me.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    It was decent enough. It's not really meant to be epic but it was good and Corden was alright which says alot about all the Corden critics who wrote the episode off before even watching it.

The ending was slightly predictable but decent and the Amy thing definitely explains something in the Flesh and Stone episode.

I was going to post some more but I've forgotten all I was going to say, which is a shame.

Oh yes, the whole point of the previews is to be spoilerific, so just turn off the tv before it's on.

Oh and Matt Smith is brillaint. I mean Tennant who?
    Personally, I liked Corden in the episode, his indignation at Doctor's involvement in his life struck the right not between childish and jealous. He is a bit overexposed, but writing the episode off because of the part h plays is a bit weird.
    Doctor's atempts to be more like a "normal bloke" were quite funny. I also liked the fact that Amy didn't take the centre stage for once.
    Preview of the next episode seems fascinating, I wonder what the crack turns out to be
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h_a_f_s_a)
    I thought it was rather good too, much better than last week's episode, when Craig ogled at the photo of his lover (can't remember her name) on the fridge you could also see a leaflet for a Van Gogh gallery which made me smile.

I was wondering, how was The Doctor given the ear piece and does anybody know the purpose of the 9s and the 5s on the screen? Seemed like a waste of time to me.
    I think the 9s and 5s was showing the power levels in the evil TARDIS, which was stopping the good TARDIS from landing. Or something like that, it was never really explained.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That was pretty bad, and I've liked every episode till now.

Also I'm assuming the series ends on the 26th?

Edit: Although I was really freaked out by that...thing on the wall when Sophie was leaving to play with monkeys. Felt like it was watching me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlibByNature)
    That was pretty bad, and I've liked every episode till now.

ALso I'm assuming the series ends on the 26th?

Edit: Although I was really freaked out by that...thing on the wall when Sophie was leaving to play with monkies. Felt like it was watching me

The portrait, right? I thought its eyes were going to move, part of the thing upstairs' plan. Ha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squareroot1764)
    I think the 9s and 5s was showing the power levels in the evil TARDIS, which was stopping the good TARDIS from landing. Or something like that, it was never really explained.
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamc)
    I assume the two points that should never have met was Amy finding the ring?
    Ooooooh!
    I like this idea. Hadn't thought of that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h_a_f_s_a)
    [/B]

The portrait, right? I thought its eyes were going to move, part of the thing upstairs' plan. Ha.
    Yeah there was potential, but in the end the plot wasn't great.

I love the crack thing, it's added loads of little twists in the plot and hopefully it'll be a good ending.

It does seem a bit too obvious sometimes though...The: "It's the end of the episode, zooooom in-what's that? That's the crack! Don't forget about the crack!" thing is a bit old now. Stuff like the base code of the universe, Rory's removal from existence(:p: ), the ring etc are really nice, but it would've been better if there was a bit more mystique about it (subtely slipping in cracks throughout the episode or something).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 16, 2010
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.