The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

judd789
what question was that one

last part of question seven, finding the equation for the displacement, i think
Reply 101
SarahJayneJonas
Ahhhh thought this exam went pretty well, especially in comparison to M2 which i sat straight after! but now looking at others answers on here i think i've made a lot of mistakes... :/

Part i) A & B on the graph one really confused me, it was worded really badly, at first i thought it was asking for the values when t=O. For the displacement one, it said above the position at 0, so i put 4 as my answer and on the distance one i was unsure, 'cause surely in just like a vertical thing it would be displacement? but i added together the whole path of the object, so 4+20+4=28m
Anyone else get either of these? :/
):

Oh well, went so much better than M2 still! :P

xx

Yeah, that question was worded badly. I believe the exact wording was "Find the maximum displacement above the position when t = 0" and "Find the maximum distance from the position when t = 0". At first, it seems to read along the lines of "Find the maximum displacement when t = 0", where "above the position" is a kind of sub-clause. Actually, it's referring to "the position when t = 0" i.e. where s = 12m (iirc). So the maximum displacement above was 16 - 12 = 4m and the maximum distance was from the lowest point (-4m), so 12 - (-4) = 16m.
Reply 102
CHEM1STRY
That wasn't too bad. I didn't get K but got the right working (i hate calculators :P) so I shouldnt lose too many. And also I am not sure about the tension... did you put 250N or 125N

I put 250N for both the tensions, I'm not sure though. Would it actually half when B was moved?