The Student Room Group

Whos got the General Studies A Unit 3 exam this monday?

Just wondering if someones done this exam before with good result or if someone is doing this monday : )

Scroll to see replies

I am! To be honest I have no idea how the exam is set out, I'll have to go over it tonight!
anyone got any model answers or anything ?
Reply 3
Yep, I cba revising for it though...I mean it's just common sense right?!

Also both my uni choices don't accept general studies...
lol well i been just doin a specimen paper so far..but i need to get a good grade in this ...im scared lol
is this edexcel general studies? changes in society?
Nope AQA specification A
mandeepgill1991
Nope AQA specification A

ah okay nevermind (:
I'm doing the exam.
Why the **** I chose to do it I have no idea.
Reply 9
I am, and I really don't see the point, it's not in any of my offers.
I am. And considering my first choice (Lincoln) accept it as part of the offer, I need to do fairly well. On a B so far, more of the same please!!!!
Reply 11
Yes. And what the hell is it lol?!

Got an A last year without knowing so hopefully the BS gene is still going strong.
Cicerao

Got an A last year without knowing so hopefully the BS gene is still going strong.

you got a A ? wow man ....how u revising for this 1? please help me
Cicerao

Haha, same.. I think this year's is based a lot more on "sources" in front of you, but tbh I think it'll be alright. I don't really know why I'm doing it if I'm honest, both my firm and insurance don't ask for it.

Nevertheless, extra ammunition right, just in case?
I got an A last year and I need to get at least a B for uni so, hopefully I will get an A so I can do worse in another subject !!
Reply 15
Is there any way to revise for this? (assuming you are all doing the power unit too). I got an A in one paper and a D in the other last year. So I have no idea where I went wrong witht the 2nd one.
Ive got it tomorrow but mines on science and society i think!
Reply 17
how do you determine the strengths and weaknesses of a source?
Do people actually revise for it then? I don't mean that in a normal snobby TSR way :p: I just don't see what you can do, I do all essay subjects so hoping that's going to help, although I don't have much general knowledge
Reply 19
At school we have no lessons in it, yet everyone is required to take the exams. Did it last year and dropped about 10 marks over both papers.

Basically to do well just use loads of BS and make up some nice metaphors to make yourself sound intellectual. To be honest I couldn't give two ***** what I get in the exam tomorrow, it is basically an English exam and I don't need it for my offer so why waste time preparing for it?

Quick Reply

Latest