The Student Room Group

How to "power revise" maths C3 and C4?

So, i've done a bit.. i've never been the biggest reviser, probably never revised more than a week before the exam and not done much during that week. Dont need no moaning at, way i am.

So for the past week and more i've had major tonsillitis, a huge fever resulting in doctors considering bedding me for a night, and everything this leads to such as constant headaches etc etc et , luckily the only other exam it went over was business and i can ace that with no revision.. however.. maths im not so good at :frown: and with c3 and c4 on tuesday and friday respectively, i need to do as best as possible.

I have access to exam papers and solutions, printer broke but can view them online. I also have a edexcel revision book for each exam which are both good i suppose.

Anyone got any tips on how to do it?
Just go do it, instead of making threads about it :p: just sit and do questions until your fingers bleed. Seriously. With maths (especially C3 and C4 which I'm doing as well) it's the only way! Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
I power revised today. Jumped up two grades! :biggrin:
Understanding the concept is the MAIN thing. Practice applying using exercises from the book but I don't have time for that so I did that with exam questions only for the WHOLE day. :p:
Reply 3
whisperings
Just go do it, instead of making threads about it :p: just sit and do questions until your fingers bleed. Seriously. With maths (especially C3 and C4 which I'm doing as well) it's the only way! Good luck :smile:

Ha its kinda hard right now cuz i cant stop coughing and have huuggeee headache and stuff :O. But as soon as im capable i am just gonna sit the f down and force myself lol.. just.. wanted the best way so needed hints? xD
Tommyjw
Ha its kinda hard right now cuz i cant stop coughing and have huuggeee headache and stuff :O. But as soon as im capable i am just gonna sit the f down and force myself lol.. just.. wanted the best way so needed hints? xD

I had tonsillitis and then glandular fever in December/January when I sat C3 the first time, so I know how it feels:frown: it's so hard to revise when you feel like crap! In the end I just had to plough through it. All I can recommend is get enough sleep :smile:
also I seem to remember that once I sat down and started revising I'd build up a really good momentum and just keep going. Wish I could do that now:eek:

Also: be selective with questions from the textbook, although that sounds kinda obvious, but sometimes it's tempting just to do questions you find easy. and I can't recommend past papers enough!
Reply 5
power sleep
Havent started revision yet, so i would also probably need this.
*subscribes*
Tommyjw
So, i've done a bit.. i've never been the biggest reviser, probably never revised more than a week before the exam and not done much during that week. Dont need no moaning at, way i am.

So for the past week and more i've had major tonsillitis, a huge fever resulting in doctors considering bedding me for a night, and everything this leads to such as constant headaches etc etc et , luckily the only other exam it went over was business and i can ace that with no revision.. however.. maths im not so good at :frown: and with c3 and c4 on tuesday and friday respectively, i need to do as best as possible.

I have access to exam papers and solutions, printer broke but can view them online. I also have a edexcel revision book for each exam which are both good i suppose.

Anyone got any tips on how to do it?

Don't worry about it, you've got loads of time, I've got C4 on friday as well. Just do a few past papers - once you can do one, you can do them all. It's just the same question worded in a different way most of the time :p:
Reply 8
My method for maths at the moment is past paper, anything I don't remember how to do I'll do the exercises for from the textbook, then past paper and repeat. When it gets to the point where I reckon I know the theory and mistakes are just from tricky questions/stupid mistakes then past paper past paper past paper. Just all the ones I've got. I think it's working quite well so far!

Latest

Trending

Trending