The Student Room Group
Reply 1
(:Becca(:
I heard a lot of universities are going to raise their entry requirements for 2011, I'm just wondering by how much they're all going to be raised.:s-smilie:

Completely depends.
I know when i've recently checked some uni's websites it states such things like "entry for 2010/2011, 300 points, for 2011/2012, 320 points" and such. Although others have not said anything

So i dont know if there is an amount every uni is going up by, i doubt there is, but i do know of some :yep:
UCL apparently is going to raise the biochemistry offer from ABB-AAB to AAB-AAA.
Well its to keep in line with grade inflation, totally normal.
Fyodor Bingoffsky
UCL apparently is going to raise the biochemistry offer from ABB-AAB to AAB-AAA.

Luckily for me, I don't want to do sciences and I don't want to live in London. :biggrin:
There'll come a point where they won't be able to raise it any further because the flat offer for the majority of degree courses will be AAA. Shame really
Reply 6
Most of the 2011 prospectus' are becoming available now, with the entry reqs in, best looking in/ordering one of them for confirmation of their typical offer for 2011.
Reply 7
yoyo462001
Well its to keep in line with grade inflation, totally normal.

Exactly right
The new grade requirements are on most of the University's websites/ in the prospectuses by now.
Revolution is my Name
The new grade requirements are on most of the University's websites/ in the prospectuses by now.

Is there a chance the information might be misleading? Like it says what the grade requirement is in the prospectus, but then it's raised when you actually apply?
For Oxbridge, yes.
(:Becca(:
Is there a chance the information might be misleading? Like it says what the grade requirement is in the prospectus, but then it's raised when you actually apply?

Yes. It is not uncommon for univerities to give the wrong information on websites or in prospectuses. The only way to be absolutely sure is to receive an offer.
TheMeister
There'll come a point where they won't be able to raise it any further because the flat offer for the majority of degree courses will be AAA. Shame really

You've not heard about the new A* grade, then?
TheMeister

They can go upto A*A*A*a :yep:
Dumb Economist
They can go upto A*A*A*a :yep:

They can go up to whatever they like. If an applicant is offering six A levels and an AS the offer could be 6 x A*a.
Good bloke
They can go up to whatever they like. If an applicant is offering six A levels and an AS the offer could be 6 x A*a.

LOL -I guess you are right. ...:p:
Good bloke
You've not heard about the new A* grade, then?

Freudian slip... you knew what I meant.

Latest

Trending

Trending