The Student Room Group

Problem with ergonomic chair

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I find the whole DSA thing quite confusing :o:

I was given an ergonomic chair as part of my DSA, but I have a bit of a problem now I'm moving out of halls. The chair is huge (struggles to fit through the door) and can't be taken apart. I have a gap in accommodation between my halls tenancy and my tenancy for next year so can't move the chair directly to the new place. It either has to come home or go in storage, but it won't fit in our car.

My mum seems to think this is student finance's problem, and it's their responsibility to deal with it since they gave me the chair, but I'm pretty sure that as it was given to me, I own it and therefore it's not their problem at all.

Can anyone clarify? Also, if it is up to me to sort, I'm assuming the best thing would be to put it in storage and order a large taxi to get it in and out of storage... or does anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Reply 1
Do you know anyone with a flat nearby who would let you store the chair until you've got your new place? My flatmate last year had an electric piano which she couldn't take home, and one of her coursemates let her store it in his flat.

I very much doubt that DSA covers storage and transportation costs (once you have the item, its your responsibility afaik), but I don't know for sure. You could always phone and ask, just in case. :smile:
ice tea
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I find the whole DSA thing quite confusing :o:

I was given an ergonomic chair as part of my DSA, but I have a bit of a problem now I'm moving out of halls. The chair is huge (struggles to fit through the door) and can't be taken apart. I have a gap in accommodation between my halls tenancy and my tenancy for next year so can't move the chair directly to the new place. It either has to come home or go in storage, but it won't fit in our car.

My mum seems to think this is student finance's problem, and it's their responsibility to deal with it since they gave me the chair, but I'm pretty sure that as it was given to me, I own it and therefore it's not their problem at all.

Can anyone clarify? Also, if it is up to me to sort, I'm assuming the best thing would be to put it in storage and order a large taxi to get it in and out of storage... or does anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Your mum is a lunatic!
Of course the chair is your responsibility.
Put it in storage at your expense.
Reply 3
Very much your responsibility. I had a similar problem and simply had to borrow a van.
Reply 4
Yes it will be your responsibility and will have to arrange transport.

Latest