St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
An old threads discussing them:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=20850178

I don't know any more than that though :biggrin:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
I was considering it to get back into my Spanish which I abandoned at GCSE. If I keep it up I'll be pentalingual! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Wow, thanks for this. I had no idea about evening language courses and I am so excited now! I'd love to do Beginner Russian and Arabic, and maybe practice my Spanish again with some Intermediate. I'm gonna be so poor doing so many extra-curricular things. :P
Reply 4
Any point studying Arabic in evening language course if I'm already taking it as module? I'd be a beginner.

I'd take that and Spanish intermediate.

Do they do properly advanced French courses? I'm fully fluent, living in Geneva, but don't want my writing to get any rustier than it already is getting over the course of my gap year.
Reply 5
I did an evening beginner course in Italian, which was pretty difficult basically because I didn't have time to do the "homework", but also because the woman teaching it never spoke English, which is okay for her, but for beginners with no experience it's confusing and a waste of time. Also the tutor crashed huge tables of verbs at us, and didn't really explain the grammar properly.

That said, it was never boring (though classes running until 9pm in the winter can get tedious, especially when you have to walk back to DRA which is 2 miles from town), and I did learn useful stuff, especially the stuff with verbs that I'd never encountered before but is pretty straight forward to understand, but still hard work to learn.
I'd like to do beginners Arabic and intermediate French. Do you usually finish one level in one semester? Does anyone know? Seems a little ambitious...
Im going to be taking Arabic classes in the evening to supplement timetabled Arabic classes. So depending on what level people are at maybe see you in September!

Latest

Trending

Trending