The Student Room Group

Gcse History Paper 2 Exam 15th June

Hi all on the student room, i was wondering if anyone knows what paper two is about for OCR HISTORY GCSE JUNE 15TH 2010 (i think British schools history!?! :confused: but i think i heard my teacher mention something about medieval medicine? I had American west and medicine through time for paper 1 btw. Thanks in advance guys, please get back 2 me be4 the 15th thanx

Scroll to see replies

I've been told middle ages medicine as well, so that's what i'll revise. All the teachers at my school have told their students middle ages medicine, so that's the first black death thingy and other things that I dunno about yet :L but yeh basically the topic, afaik, is about middle ages medicine.
Reply 2
HELPPPPPPP!!!!....how much perentage does paper 1 have towards ur overall grade, and how much percent does paper 2 have to your overall grade...?......PLZZZ RESPOND A.S.A.P..(AS SOON AS YOU SEE THIS)....will be much appreciated.....by the way am doing germany and crime and punishment
Okay im sure this is on 19th and 20th century surgeory. i also have the exam and i think you need to study lister and simpson as it is a exam on sources.:smile:
Reply 4
hELP!!
I am aiming for a A/A* and need to know how to answer question 4??
Reply 5
Paigesheridan
Okay im sure this is on 19th and 20th century surgeory. i also have the exam and i think you need to study lister and simpson as it is a exam on sources.:smile:

I've been told the same, mostly on Surgery, with Lister and Simpson the key individuals in the exam. Did you do Germany 1919-1945 on paper 1? These guys did American west so I'm hoping that's where the papers/courses differ, and that Surgery does come up on tuesday :woo:
Reply 6
anyone doing edecel by the way??
Paige and CPalmer did you do OCR? If so do you know the paper refs? the one i did was 1935/13 and the paper 2 on tuesday is 1935/21 so let me know if that differs also.
Reply 8
8inchestall
Paige and CPalmer did you do OCR? If so do you know the paper refs? the one i did was 1935/13 and the paper 2 on tuesday is 1935/21 so let me know if that differs also.

Yeah I'm on OCR, though I have no idea what the paper reference was :confused:

What sorta question came up in your paper 1? I can remember the questions vaguely.

EDIT : I'm actually on Edexcel, not OCR.
Reply 9
If you did American West and Medicine Through Time on paper one, then you are doing Medieval Medicine on paper 2. It will be source questions on either public health, monastries/the church, the plague and possibly Arab medicine.
Reply 10
AJ-OD
HELPPPPPPP!!!!....how much perentage does paper 1 have towards ur overall grade, and how much percent does paper 2 have to your overall grade...?......PLZZZ RESPOND A.S.A.P..(AS SOON AS YOU SEE THIS)....will be much appreciated.....by the way am doing germany and crime and punishment

I think it's about 30 or 35% for each paper. yeah cos coursework was about 30% and the exam is 75% altogether.
CPalmer93
Yeah I'm on OCR, though I have no idea what the paper reference was :confused:

What sorta question came up in your paper 1? I can remember the questions vaguely.

Not sure on questions, but i did medicine and american west, so as long as you didn't do those, then i'm gonna go with what rhiannab said, cus that seems logical.
AJ-OD

I believe paper 1 is 40 %

Paper 2 is 30%

coursework 25%

5% for use of english
Hey everyone,

I have my OCR History Paper 2 tomorrow and it is on Quacks as far as I know.. im in year 10 btw so I havent done any other history exams.

What's this about 19th and 20th century surgery!? PLEASE DONT FAIL ME NOW ><
Reply 14
I've got paper two aswell. Doing it in year 10. We are doing An in depth study of Britain
Reply 15
TanishaBellum
Hey everyone,

I have my OCR History Paper 2 tomorrow and it is on Quacks as far as I know.. im in year 10 btw so I havent done any other history exams.

What's this about 19th and 20th century surgery!? PLEASE DONT FAIL ME NOW ><

Don't panic. I think those who think they've got a paper on 19thC surgery are in for a nasty shock - that's last year's paper. This afternoon, Year 11s (first taught at GCSE in 2008) will do British Medieval Medicine as in posts above. Those in Year 10 (first taught 2009) will do Quack Doctors. You will need to look at the teachers' handbook, page 20 onwards for good advice on question technique:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/sm/ocr_37828_sm_gcse_teach_hb.pdf

Good luck!
alifear
Don't panic. I think those who think they've got a paper on 19thC surgery are in for a nasty shock - that's last year's paper. This afternoon, Year 11s (first taught at GCSE in 2008) will do British Medieval Medicine as in posts above. Those in Year 10 (first taught 2009) will do Quack Doctors. You will need to look at the teachers' handbook, page 20 onwards for good advice on question technique:

Good luck!

Thank you!! :biggrin:
Reply 17
alifear

Good luck!

The 1850-1950 surgery paper is edexcel. Not OCR.
are we allowed to discuss the exam that took place today?
TanishaBellum
are we allowed to discuss the exam that took place today?

we are now soz for late reply just found this now :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending