The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh and also, incase I wouldnt get any offers from any universities because I wouldnt have any grades they would all be pending... what would I say to my current uni? I want to take a break>?
Could you apply for a lower down uni as your 5th choice, just incase the higher ones don't accept you with your circumstances. Say a uni like LJMU that accepts around 240 points for their courses, but obviously a different uni just a safe option. That way you'd still have chosen the uni, not ended up there so you might be happier :smile:
DiamondsAreForever
Oh and also, incase I wouldnt get any offers from any universities because I wouldnt have any grades they would all be pending... what would I say to my current uni? I want to take a break>?

You need to speak to your tutor at LJMU anyway - if you apply elsewhere through UCAS then that is the person who should be writing your reference.

When you took your A levels your teachers should have applied for extenuating circumstances from the Exam Board AND have contacted your firm/insurance universities to explain the situation to them too. If that had happened then in most cases even with a drop from AAB to CCCD I would have thought someone would have found you a place.

Speak to your tutors - presumably they know all about the situation over your A levels - if so then they should be more than able to write a reference explaining it, help with a UCAS application for entry into yr1 of a different course in Sept/Oct 2010. If you've got a good reference and half decent 1st year grades then it's worth contacting a range of universities that you're interested in NOW about places available this Autumn through Clearing - they might not have much room but as you'll have you application in Clearing immediately (if you get it in after June 30) AND you should have you LJMU results and reference before the A level results come out then you're in a very strong position to find a good place at a good university doing the sort of subject you want. If you don't get a choice then you are then in a position in August to decide whether to drop out, retake A levels and reapply for 2011 entry or whether to stick with it at LJMU (you don't say anything about being unhappy there - why DO you want to move? because you need to be able to explain that well to anywhere you apply to and to your tutor)

But you do need to get organised now
Reply 23
No matter what uni you end up in, a business degree? Really?
Surely a LLB Law Degree from LJMU is better than a business degree from another institution...

I would rather have a degree in law from LJMU than a degree in something generic from Liverpool Uni

Latest

Trending

Trending