The Student Room Group

New uni application

Hey everyone! I am new to this and need some help!
I have recently finished my first year at uni but decided to start again in sept 2010 at a different uni, however, because all the uni's took too long to respond through ucas I accepted a place at a different university than the one i originally wanted and cancelled my other options. But now i have decided that i do want to go to my first choice... is it too late? and also would i apply through clearing now? im so confused!! x:confused:
Reply 1
At the moment, I think you can apply through Extra (don't quote me on that, though). Give the uni a call and ask if they have any places left on that course :smile:
Reply 2
thanks, i will look at the ucas extra now! although i did call the uni and they said unless people didn't get their a level results the course is full, but they still want me to come down for an interview
Reply 3
kez2004
thanks, i will look at the ucas extra now! although i did call the uni and they said unless people didn't get their a level results the course is full, but they still want me to come down for an interview
The uni you have in mind clearly isn't going to be in Extra as they have already made all the offers they want to. Presumably then they are interviewing you with a view to offering you a place through Clearing if, by some chance, they have a place - unless this is for Year 2 entry (ie the first year you've already done is sufficiently like their first year to be exempt you from it)? I don't see how interviewing you now for a place they may not have is in any way in your interests, frankly.

Latest

Trending

Trending