The Student Room Group

Why do all girls have their ears pierced?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i got them done when I was really young so i dont even remember, but like what others said earrings can be really pretty, though I never thought about it before but I dont think il be getting any other piercings
Reply 21
Cicerao
Sick? Trolling, or really?

Because I think I might be the same as you...do you not like to look at/touch jewllery? :colondollar:

It's just piercings! I'm fine with braclets and things.

They don't actually make me throw up but I feel a little queezy.
Had them done when I was a baby.Then re-pierced when I was 10,I love earrings!
Reply 23
Because we want men to buy us earrings.

In fact no, not just men. Everyone :smile:

I got some lovely ones for my 18th. What I love about earrings is that they are the most wearable, you tend to forget that you are wearing them, and if you have a nice pair of studs, you can leave them in all the time without the need to change them.
Reply 24
Because there pretty, if you want them you can do. for those girls going wtf, I'm sure you curl/straighten your hair/wear makeup and that's 'uneccessary' too
Cicerao
Mine aren't because I hate jewellery and piercings really, really badly.

I thought I was the only one! I just think they're superfluous, annoying and don't look nice.
Reply 26
I have mine done twice, don't really know why. I wear earrings, but I never change them. :dontknow:
i got mine done (twice cause they accidentally healed the first time) cause earrings are pretty and it really doesn't hurt that much.

then i developed allergies to everything but gold earrings but my stupid ears won't grow together in spite of me not putting anything in them for months at a time :frown:
My mum had mine done when I was about 1 or may be even younger :p: It's a cultural thing; as an Algerian, or in any other Arabic countries you'll never find a girl wh doesn't have her ears pierced.
We believe, well historically that it all started when Abraham's wife (Sarah) pierced the servant's ears because she was very jealous of her, with the intention of it being as a punishement. But then she liked it and did it for herself as well, and since then women started to have their ears pierced :h:
I had mine done when I was 4 - I told my mum I wanted my ears pierced and we got them done. My sister was 7 and had hers done at the same time.

I love wearing jewellery, it makes me feel good. I'd hate to not have my ears pierced.

Oh and it's a wonderful excuse for the boyfriend to buy me Vivienne Westwood earrings for my birthday! <3
I don't, cause thanks to my allergies I'd have to shell out £50 for a pair of studs. No thanks.
Reply 31
It was originally a status symbol. To show that you had wealth you'd hang precious metals off your body.

I have my ears pierced (one silver ring in each lobe, used to have the top of my ear pierced too but it wouldn't heal), I'm male though, I got them done when I was 16 just because I like them (and still do).
Mine aren't done (i'm 22) - when i was little i would always think of being in a coffin (when dead obviously), wearing earrings and it freaked me out so i refused to have it done... i was a strange child

-x-
When I was at primary school it was the 'cool' thing to do, everyone wanted their ears pierced. No idea why, it was just a thing you did.
I also used to really admire my mum's earrings, she has two lobe piercings and a massive collection of jewellery, but mostly earrings. Really beautiful and unusual ones, so I think that made me want them done more. I found it fun to mix and match earrings, I wore a safety pin through one ear for ages cause it looked nice (well, I thought so... )

I wore earrings for a while, up to maybe four or five years, ago when I slowly started to stop because they began to heal. They are still pierced but it hurts too much to wear earrings. I do have quite giant earlobes though and got kind of sensitive about how it attracted attention to them xD
jennifer.re
I don't, cause thanks to my allergies I'd have to shell out £50 for a pair of studs. No thanks.
What studs would they be?!
I had my done last summer- I love having them pierced and it makes me a really easy person to buy for- buying a pretty pair of earrings is usually cheaper than a necklace, don't you think?
Besides they're shiny and sparkly. :P
For me it is a cultural thing Ghanaian girls get their ears pierced not too long after birth.
Reply 37
they're preeeetty
Reply 38
When I was a little kid, I thought all girls had to get their ears done just because they were girls.
I dunno, culture and tradition? I had my lobes when I was five (though I begged my mum for months before that, she would have preferred me to wait) and my sister got it when she was 9. Since then I've had loads more; I have like 8 in my ears right now (3 in each lobe, 1 in the left conch, 1 in the left helix) and 2 in my neck. I wouldn't mind getting a tragus but allow the pain again. Same for an industrial.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending