The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by cyfer

Spoiler

You need to spoiler this post like I have in this quote, not everyone has read the books!
Reply 1981
What the hell....

The film series has butchered the Greyjoys.

Not even the drowning ceremony has remained. Bloody idiotic.
Reply 1982
Original post by cyfer
What the hell....

The film series has butchered the Greyjoys.

Not even the drowning ceremony has remained. Bloody idiotic.
If I recall correctly I think there is a drowning ceremony scene? Albeit a brief one. Besides, the affairs of the Iron Islands become more prominent in AFFC, which won't be until season 5, so maybe we'll see more of it then.

It's physically impossible for the TV show to incorporate every detail from the books, some things have to be changed.

Also use the spoiler tags, as Deshi said, not everyone has read the books.
Reply 1983
Original post by Nickini
If I recall correctly I think there is a drowning ceremony scene? Albeit a brief one. Besides, the affairs of the Iron Islands become more prominent in AFFC, which won't be until season 5, so maybe we'll see more of it then.

It's physically impossible for the TV show to incorporate every detail from the books, some things have to be changed.

Also use the spoiler tags, as Deshi said, not everyone has read the books.

Theon has salt water poured over him like a baptism, rather than being drowned and resuscitated.
I have such a girl crush on Emelia Clarke. :love:
Reply 1985
Original post by LeaX

That is fair enough seeing as from the male perspective she is rather pretty :tongue:

In other news I have got to A Storm of Swords though I think I may have been reading too much as I now have the large erge to refer to my sister as "wench".....
Reply 1986
Original post by JWH
That is fair enough seeing as from the male perspective she is rather pretty :tongue:

Rather?

She is gorgeous :biggrin:
Original post by LeaX

... I kinda have a crush on her I'm not a very good gay am I :lol:
Original post by LeaX

Khaleesi is so overated :tongue: Margaery tyrell / Sansa ( Sophie turner / Catelyn ( Michelle fairley) is where its at :cool: . Doreah aswell ! I remember her in hollyoaks she was :eek:
Did anyone else think a dance with dragons was a bit disapointing? i thought being such a huge book loadsss of stuff would happen but it seemed to waffle a bit, i much prefered the other books as they seemed to get to the point more?

Secondly am i the only person who finds the iron islands plot to be soso boring?

Finally i have a bit of a theory, i think i may be wayyy off but here goes; what if lyanna stark and rhaegar had a child? after he raped her and all that, she was found in dorne which is where john snow was apparently born to some noble woman? but if ned was so honourable i don't see him fathering john but maybe that's what he promised lyanna when she was dying? because robert would have killed john if he'd have known. Thoughts?!
Reply 1990
Original post by RosieH7
Did anyone else think a dance with dragons was a bit disapointing? i thought being such a huge book loadsss of stuff would happen but it seemed to waffle a bit, i much prefered the other books as they seemed to get to the point more?

Secondly am i the only person who finds the iron islands plot to be soso boring?

Finally i have a bit of a theory, i think i may be wayyy off but here goes; what if lyanna stark and rhaegar had a child? after he raped her and all that, she was found in dorne which is where john snow was apparently born to some noble woman? but if ned was so honourable i don't see him fathering john but maybe that's what he promised lyanna when she was dying? because robert would have killed john if he'd have known. Thoughts?!

while dance of dragons may seem like waffle it is important to remember George made the series with the intention of it being a trilogy. the reason why there are 7+ books is because he couldn't fit all his ideas down in simply 3 books. however the main plot has probably changed very little from when it was a trilogy. therefore what seems like waffle is really just George's attention to detail.
Reply 1991
Original post by RosieH7

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1992
Original post by RosieH7

Spoiler

Original post by Gooner92

Spoiler

Spoilers galore. This is a thread for the TV show. Not everyone has read the books.

The thread for the books is here.

If you want to mention a possible spoiler use the spoiler tags.
Reply 1993
Original post by Gooner92
This theory of lynaa stark and rhaegar has alot of credence if you look at some facts, for example at the tower of joy when lynaa is dying their are kingsguards protecting her most likely at the behest of rhaegar why would they be here if not to protect a future king, when ned stark and howland reed and others arrive to free lyanna they end up killing all the kingsuards but are the only 2 remaining people to still be alive. It is said that lyanna asks ned to promise me something. Ill quote that below.

After this Ned rode to the Tower of Joy in the mountains of Dorne with six companions, and found the three final loyalist members of the Kingsguard - Ser Arthur Dayne, Ser Oswell Whent, and Ser Gerold Hightower - guarding it. They fought, and only Ned and Howland Reed survived. Ned found Lyanna inside the tower, dying.[8][9]
Prior to her death she extracted a promise, its contents as yet not revealed, from Ned.[10] Her final words a phrase that haunts her brother for the rest of his life, they were...[11]
"Promise me, Ned".[12]

Not sure about that, mainly because the silver hair of the targaryens seems to be dominant throughout them. Plus why would Rhaegar forsake tradition/how would he be allowed to forsake tradition and not have children through incest?

Another person that posted above was right about waffle. Martin just does not stop going on about Daenerys in that book and she doesn't even do anything.
Reply 1994
Original post by cyfer
Not sure about that, mainly because the silver hair of the targaryens seems to be dominant throughout them. Plus why would Rhaegar forsake tradition/how would he be allowed to forsake tradition and not have children through incest?

Another person that posted above was right about waffle. Martin just does not stop going on about Daenerys in that book and she doesn't even do anything.

Thats bull crap do you even know how genetics work, their is a possibility of getting 99%/majority of youre genes from one parent to another from the other parent but anyways ill move on.

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1995
Original post by cyfer

Also That's neither here nor there. Robb, Bran, Rickon and Sansa have the Tully look, and while they might have some Tully characteristics, what dominates is their Stark-side. If Jon is half Stark and half Targaryen, there's plenty of reason why his Stark-side should be dominant. He's been living in the North all his life. He's been raised by Ned Stark, one of the least crazed people in the entire series. (He was politically naive to the point of being stupid occasionally, but he wasn't crazy.) He has a frickin' dire wolf pet, the Starks' banner.
Original post by Deshi
Spoilers galore. This is a thread for the TV show. Not everyone has read the books.

The thread for the books is here.

If you want to mention a possible spoiler use the spoiler tags.

It was just a theory, probably won't even be true so i wouldn't call it a spoiler :confused:

but yes thanks for the book link :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
facepalm , you guys have let loose a massive spoiler , probaly the biggest the show would have xD
Reply 1998
Original post by cyfer
Perhaps the only credible thing that can be extracted from this is that genetics does not play a role in the Game of Thrones. Dwarfism is a dominant allele so Tyrion would have to be born of either a dwarf mother or dwarf father, neither of which would happen for a highborn family.

Achondroplasia is a common cause of dwarfism. It occurs as a sporadic mutation in approximately 75% of cases (associated with advanced paternal age) or may be inherited as an autosomal dominant genetic disorder. I could go into more detail in regards to the specific gene that mutates but I cbfa.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1999
Original post by RosieH7
It was just a theory, probably won't even be true so i wouldn't call it a spoiler :confused:

but yes thanks for the book link :smile:

Spoiler

Latest